The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

southkogs

Staff member
I've seen that ampersand error on some other sites/apps. Yahoo mail will do it when I'm working in Safari. It's intermittent on all of 'em. I'm not sure what causes it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ampersand - much easier than pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis! Gee, it flunked spell check. LOL

Um, what'd you google? Longest made up word that's actually in the dictionary???:watermelon::watermelon:

Yes, it's intermittent. I notice it more often when I use the preview button. I sometimes I catch it & change it back. Other times, I'm really only testing to see if the preview button gives me quicker error free posts & I don't actually proof-read the post :facepalm:

For all I know it happens just as randomly & w/ the same frequency when I hit Post Reply instead of Preview...

NOT Previewing this post prior to posting........................

jbcurt00

Staff member
Longest made up word that's actually in the dictionary??.
Yep, that long arse word is the longest made up word in the english language..... That shi-tzu is funny :cool:

& my post lagged a bit, but posted error free w/ no changes to the ampersands :eek:

Using Preview for this post & we'll see if there's any ampersand changes

RN Joe: Hope the repeatitive use doesn't make you too verclempt & helps learn ya somethin' ;)

& just for silly we'll drop a few more & just to see if it makes any difference & the ampersand mod happens

Post Preview, NO CHANGES & I'll use Preview 1 more time

& again--- NOPE NO CHANGE

& one last Preview---NO CHANGE

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Like Kogs said, I've seen the &amp in a lot of forums. I'll have to pay attention when I see it again to see if it's on VB based forums.

BTW - It's silicosis, similar to black lung disease.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've seen that ampersand error on some other sites/apps. Yahoo mail will do it when I'm working in Safari. It's intermittent on all of 'em. I'm not sure what causes it.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's the ampersand that causes it.

:D

Last edited:

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Very sad

So sad to see such a beautiful forum ruined by a poor Database engine. I see many posters have left. Hope to see a day when we are atleast par with what we had!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Things have steadily improved and in the real world I am no longer seeing a whole bunch of difference than what we used to have, every once in a while, the odd posting error will show up, but other than that, I can post everything that I could before the change over happened, pictures, quote, links, etc.

If we focus on the positive stuff that has happened in the last couple of months, instead of focusing on the few negative minor issues still going on, everybody would be happier and a lot better off.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Things have steadily improved and in the real world I am no longer seeing a whole bunch of difference than what we used to have, every once in a while, the odd posting error will show up, but other than that, I can post everything that I could before the change over happened, pictures, quote, links, etc.

If we focus on the positive stuff that has happened in the last couple of months, instead of focusing on the few negative minor issues still going on, everybody would be happier and a lot better off.

yup

oldjeep

Admiral

I must be special, I get either hanging on a screen or an error 90% of the time when posting. The post usually goes through, so if you just refresh or open another window the post is there - but still not working any better than the last few weeks.

What a great idea! At least we can vent and keep it all in one place. Too bad it's taking so long to get all the problems cleared up. Patience, Patience,Patience.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I must be special, I get either hanging on a screen or an error 90% of the time when posting. The post usually goes through, so if you just refresh or open another window the post is there - but still not working any better than the last few weeks.

You must be very special, cause I don't have that problem anymore.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Just a reminder for those who are critical of iboats regarding this __grade (very uncomfortable calling it an upgrade...). vBulletin is where most, if not all, of the issues arose. They have made some improvements, but you are welcome to peruse their forums and the net for other reactions to this version. I am not suggesting that you all terrorize vBulletin, but I certainly hope that you know iboats is still doing what they can while waiting for additional fixes from vBulletin.

With that said... It is 100 times better today than right after the change. Just today toneeees made an improvement to the "New Topics" button. It now lists new Topics (Threads) instead of new posts. That alone was ticking me off, so the other part of this note is "we get it". :).

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
QC, you know, after everything I have been through in my life, there has been nothing that has ticked me off in this whole situation, I knew after I set up and tested this stuff, that it would get fixed, it is just not worth the blood pressure raised to really worry about this, I check every single day and see improvements and if we are moving forward, that is never a bad thing.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Definitely got to pick your battles in life. I think what has bothered me the most is that it has hurt iboats and they spent a ton of money on the software and then hardware to try and get this to work. Doesn't seem right.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Definitely got to pick your battles in life. I think what has bothered me the most is that it has hurt iboats and they spent a ton of money on the software and then hardware to try and get this to work. Doesn't seem right.

To many different personalities out there to fix everything to everybodies satisfaction, I learned that a long time ago, as things get better, people will drop by again.