Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
When Sorting "Recent Posts", the sort by last update does not work, in either Ascending or Descending. I use this to follow posts that I have not subscribed to. This happens both at home and work

If you are talking about the "My Recent Posts" option in that drop-down list top-right, I agree 100%.
This is the only glitch left from the update that bothers me much.
GABoater explained that for some irrational reason, the list is indexed in order of last post that YOU made yourself.
Would be way more useful if it was indexed on the last post by ANYONE.

toneeees

Administrator
If you are talking about the "My Recent Posts" option in that drop-down list top-right, I agree 100%.
This is the only glitch left from the update that bothers me much.
GABoater explained that for some irrational reason, the list is indexed in order of last post that YOU made yourself.
Would be way more useful if it was indexed on the last post by ANYONE.

I'll take a look and see if that is something that I can fix.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't see anything to fix. I look at "My Recent Posts" as virtually the same thing as the old "posted to" indicator. I know what threads I've been active in and I can click the "Go To First New Post" icon to pick up after I posted in the thread if I don't show as the last poster. If a reply was made after my last post I want to see what was added to the thread. This is my rationale.

As far as sorting, you start picking up not so recent posts. When I start playing with the sort, some of the posts are 2 and 3 years back, not recent at all.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
I don't see anything to fix. I look at "My Recent Posts" as virtually the same thing as the old "posted to" indicator. I know what threads I've been active in and I can click the "Go To First New Post" icon to pick up after I posted in the thread if I don't show as the last poster. If a reply was made after my last post I want to see what was added to the thread. This is my rationale.

As far as sorting, you start picking up not so recent posts. When I start playing with the sort, some of the posts are 2 and 3 years back, not recent at all.

I respectfully disagree.
Say you start a thread which I post to a few times, if there is continued activity in that thread, but I don't post again, that thread works it's way down my list and can be 2 pages back.
I don't scroll back through those pages.
The old "posted to" function would bump threads back to the top based on latest activity.

The way it is set up (indexed) is next to useless.

edit: after re-reading the post above, i think the list may work for GA as it should....it does not for me.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

As you disagree and I disagree, we both have the right to disagree. All I can say is we lost some features, some may come back and some may never return. I don't know where this fits, but I use what's available, what works for me and figure out a way.

In your example, I suggest subscribing to the thread. That's the tool we have now. Is it perfect? No, but it's what we have.

I'm not happy with many of the changes, either.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
As you disagree and I disagree, we both have the right to disagree. All I can say is we lost some features, some may come back and some may never return. I don't know where this fits, but I use what's available, what works for me and figure out a way.

In your example, I suggest subscribing to the thread. That's the tool we have now. Is it perfect? No, but it's what we have.

I'm not happy with many of the changes, either.

Understood.
I just think that they've set the index incorrectly, and it could be a strikingly easy fix.

toneeees

Administrator
I looked at it, and thought I fixed it. But vBulletin doesn't recognize the variable, so it defaults to its default search. Simply changing "lastcontent" in the URL to "lastpost" sorts them by the actual Last Post. If you wish to sort that way, you can edit the URL manually. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can make it work normally.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
having my replies showing 'saved from previous' or whatever and I keep discarding and I am not abandoning posts or getting errors when hitting post reply.. Not sure why that is back so much.

GA_Boater

It's part of the Auto Save, Joe Just ignore it if you aren't trying to recover a message you were writing. You will see it in any thread you've replied to, whether posting the message was successful or not.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The issue I'm pretty sure that I have posted before of the today's posts list showing a thread in the correct place base on my last post but does not display that I had posted on it. Started last night I believe

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The issue I'm pretty sure that I have posted before of the today's posts list showing a thread in the correct place base on my last post but does not display that I had posted on it. Started last night I believe

like this

Fun Times

Staff member
^^^ Yep some really weird things have been going on this week/weekend. One semi tested theory by iboats is the Auto Save feature is causing some problems but supposedly vBulletin says it's fine.:noidea: Know that their still working on it though.:watermelon:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
only hit quote once on the starcraft thread. Seems I had this issue right at the beginning, but instead of two it was like 10 quotes.

GA_Boater

only hit quote once on the starcraft thread. Seems I had this issue right at the beginning, but instead of two it was like 10 quotes.

I had exactly the same trouble when my old wireless mouse was on the way out. And when I set the double click speed too high or too slow, I don't remember..

GA_Boater

The old mouse was driving me up the wall. Two and three browser windows opening, multiple quotes like you showed and all kind of strange things. And I upgraded my OS at the same time. I was happy when it quit all together, Joe. First mouse I ever wore out.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
this one did that a while back (year) but i took the air compressor to the buttons and good since. Bought this one in 2006.

That said - I just clicked twice on the quote button and the second click removed the quote.

I'll chalk this one up to gin.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well for once I can't blame on the booze - but it was my fault.

Sitting here on a conference call and the cursor started 'jiggling' around the screen. First thought was dam GA was right. So pulled batteries to change again thinking i put in bad batteries. With no batteries, it was still moving. huh. pulled the dongle. still moving. bigger huh. went to ask my wife (in the next room working from home as well) if she had any oddness. She was not at her computer so I pulled her batteries. still messed up.

Sat there for a minute trying to figger it out. realized my phone was sitting on the laptop mouse pad where it always goes during conference calls (on speaker). It was making enough contact to the pad....

New laptop and had not got around to turning off the internal mousepad (which I hate and my thumbs can hit making for some interesting emails/forum posts)

So yeah I'll take the blame plus happy no new mouse needed.

GA_Boater

You mean we were both wrong. huh? :lol: Sometimes technology bites the big one!

Status
Not open for further replies.