Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneeees

Administrator
It is ordering the topics by "Last Update" first and then from there it sorts in Ascending or Descending order. Try changing to Ascending and then back to the setting you'd like.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
It is ordering the topics by "Last Update" first and then from there it sorts in Ascending or Descending order. Try changing to Ascending and then back to the setting you'd like.

Done that several times.
It seemed to work once some time ago....then back to the way it was.
Now there is no effect at all.
It almost seems like an indexing flaw.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looking at your profile activities, it seems to be sorting on your last post dates/times, Tim. Kinda makes sense when looking at your recent posts.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Looking at your profile activities, it seems to be sorting on your last post dates/times, Tim. Kinda makes sense when looking at your recent posts.

Never thought of that....:facepalm:
Not sure if it makes sense, but I guess if that is how it is designed, so be it.
I am not sure if I'd have done it like that,....;)

GA_Boater

Trust me, I would have done a lot of these things differently if I was writing the code for this thing. :ranger: But comparing your screen cap up there ^^^ and your activity screen from your profile, I can see how it's sorted on your last post in the topic. I said it made sense, kinda. :doh:

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Just thought of something else...
The Sleeping Post Indicator...What will become of it?...
A.K.A. The RED BANNER...
Will it still exist?
At the Top ?...or...the Bottom of the page?

Will it be RED?
:confused:;):)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

Maybe this has been covered...in the Advanced Editor, the font formatting tools don't work right for me. I just posted http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...39#post8915739 . I tried to make the word "HEAT" Red and Bold. Instead it comes out black and underlined. ??

This is using Pale Moon browser (latest version 25.0.2). I included the above quote, because obviously it is working for some!

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
A few notes:
  • Still occasionally getting the Cut/Paste msg on highlighted 'misspellings'
  • I too had my sig pix drop out on my posts to a few Topics. I know it was missing in both of LL's windshield/jet Topics, but memory doesn't serve me well enough to remember which other Topics or if it was missing from all my posts in any of those Topics.
  • Happy to report that from my new S5 android phone, forum pages load quickly, posts are QUICK and ERROR free, plus I am now able to edit my posts from my phone.
  • Computer posts are also QUICK and ERROR free and forum pages load lightening fast.
  • I am also now able to read & reply to PM's thru my phone. That may have been my phone, it's browser or my service provider, but previously it was a PITA. That is no longer a problem.
  • Opening the messages 'folder' does often lag though. Not sure why it's different from the rest of the forum pages
  • I can't remember the last posting error msg I received, so on that a HUG THANKS iboats IT team!!!!!!!
  • When I spot a duplicate Topic or post in a Topic and attempt to flag it, still usually getting that error msg, but the dups are getting fewer and fewer, so flagging less and less.
On balance, it seems to be nearing a possible end to the vB5 problems (knocking on wood as I type single handedly :) )

Thanks for chipping away at the difficulties over the last many months. Probably seems like it's been over a year since the debacle began for those trying to solve it....

THANKS for staying after it.... The end is near.... There is light at the end of this tunnel and now we KNOW it's not a train, over the summer I bet it seemed more likely to be a train..
:) Thanks

GA_Boater

JB - Just to let you know when a post is flagged and you get the error, the flag does go through.

The sig pics are a strange one. 64osby has sig pics in one post and gone the next. And it affects all of his posts. I hadn't noticed your sig pic coming and going, but I'm sure it's happening to all of us

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
still occasionally getting the inability to have my misspellings get a suggested correction.

also, poking around the net in prepping for some overseas travel and come accross this:

May 19, 2013, 5:28 AM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
Removed on: 5:28 am, May 19, 2013

I'm assuming it is an automated feature saw it on several threads I was checking. Not sure if it is avail here for you to activate..

toneeees

Administrator
still occasionally getting the inability to have my misspellings get a suggested correction.

also, poking around the net in prepping for some overseas travel and come accross this:

May 19, 2013, 5:28 AM

I'm assuming it is an automated feature saw it on several threads I was checking. Not sure if it is avail here for you to activate..

I believe the "misspelling" issue is related to the advanced editor vBulletin is using. I'll check it out further today.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Had trouble replying to a PM from my cell today. Cursor jumping around and jittery, like it was trying to auto-save or refresh, but was unable too... Finally tried to send my reply and it went into a long term working lag that never ended, waited 20+ minutes before cancelling post.

I just started a test poll topic in the Starcraft section:
This is a test, this is only a test........

And not only did it lag into working mode for quite a while when I tried to post it, the poll choices didn't show unless I made the poll 'public'. So does that mean people who aren't registered w/ iboats can vote? Typically that's what public vs private means on a forum.

I don't think unregistered votes should be allowed in the poll I intend to setup, but probably shouldn't allow unregistered votes in any iboats poll, IMO..

Thanks,

several vB5 hiccups today after a good long error free run there for a while...........

jbcurt00

Staff member
Good grief, WTH happened yesterday?

PM's and forum posts were getting auto-save error messages that appeared to be the same format/error text that we'd get when our posts 'didn't' post, but actually did if you refreshed the page.

Auto-save would pop up on the screen for a moment, then the text of the PM I'd been typing would disappear. The page never refreshed so I don't know what was happening, but the usual Restore/Discard choice didn't pop up after it happened.....:confused:

I had to hit preview, then copy all the text from a PM I was typing, re-open my PM inbox, re-open the PM I was replying to, then paste the copied text into the new message. I know it took 3 re-opens to get it sent, might have been 4......

It was occurring right around the time I told GA I had drain bamage and should probably just call it a night :sleeping: Don't remember which Topic that was in, the SOTY discussion poll over in the SC forum maybe.....

If it helps track down my PM, it was a reply to Tony @ posting his email address and boat for sale. He sent me a PM about my post to his topic.

The dreaded working lag jumped up again several times.

Else via my phone and 2 computers, it's been a decent couple of days w/ minimal hiccups since my last post above...

toneeees

Administrator
Strange, we haven't made any changes to the forum software in the past week. We are focusing on getting the rest of the new articles in and published. I'll talk to the IT team to see if they noticed anything on their end.

GA_Boater

Had trouble replying to a PM from my cell today. Cursor jumping around and jittery, like it was trying to auto-save or refresh, but was unable too... Finally tried to send my reply and it went into a long term working lag that never ended, waited 20+ minutes before cancelling post.

I just started a test poll topic in the Starcraft section:
This is a test, this is only a test........

And not only did it lag into working mode for quite a while when I tried to post it, the poll choices didn't show unless I made the poll 'public'. So does that mean people who aren't registered w/ iboats can vote? Typically that's what public vs private means on a forum.

I don't think unregistered votes should be allowed in the poll I intend to setup, but probably shouldn't allow unregistered votes in any iboats poll, IMO..

Thanks,

several vB5 hiccups today after a good long error free run there for a while...........

I think I answered that in the SOTY poll topic, JB. Only logged-in members can vote in a poll. In a VB poll, private vs public only means viewing results.

I started getting the Server Error message when composting posts more often yesterday and today. Also some long "working" delays as well. You are not alone! :smile:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks GA and yes you did answer over @SOTY. I just left it here too because i was posting @other problems.

toneeees

Administrator
It looks like we have been doing some internal crawls on the forum to find out how come our rankings have dropped in Google. This could have been the cause to some of the issues you noticed. Let me know if you continue to see this problems.

jbcurt00

Staff member
It looks like we have been doing some internal crawls on the forum to find out how come our rankings have dropped in Google. This could have been the cause to some of the issues you noticed. Let me know if you continue to see this problems.

Not once since.
Thanks

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
OK here's a new one. I use 'todays posts' mostly. I noticed the Fixed Wing thread popped back up there but it was showing me as last reply, and on the list it was out of order date wise.

I checked the thread and yes there have been more replies that should be showing as last post, but still showing mine. So it is where it is supposed to be, but showing last post incorrectly. I have checked a few times this morning and still showing incorrectly. Looked at several other pages of 'New Posts' and this was the only one, including other I've replied on. So I'm hoping that means I didn't break the forum....

GA_Boater

Yes, you did break the forum, RNJ. We finally found the responsible party and it is you. :eek: LOL

That does pop up every once in a while and it seems it displays like that when the following poster (s) after got some sort of error. I'll guess it was achris since he posted after you last evening. The software knows there is a post to the topic that fits the today's post search, but doesn't know which post so it defaults to the last known post. In this case, it's your post, Joe, which falls outside the today's post range,so a software glitch is confusing itself and us.

Status
Not open for further replies.