Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
When in "Forums" view, the thread topic entry in the "last post"column listed is not always the thread with the last post....

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
From my HTC Evo 4G android phone, the jittery auto refresh is back w/ a VENGENCE. Almost too unstable to use and keep your sanity. And from the phone's resident internet app, there are times the I have to remember the BBcodes rather then clicking and using the advanced editor features.

Given that it's happened twice in 2 days, and I can't remember when I noticed it happening last, perhaps a revision to the join/rules page might be in order. Or re-write the code so email addresses (or at least not 'normal' username@domain.com) aren't allowed as user names. I redacted the @domain.com from the quote:

looking at buying 2007 proline 23ft with tee top and idk if it will fit in the largest bay of my shed, on trailer, which is almost 10 ft high

Perhaps it is traffic driven, but over the last 4 or 5 days, definitely been an uptick in the % of error messages when posting.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
From my HTC Evo 4G android phone, the jittery auto refresh is back w/ a VENGENCE. Almost too unstable to use and keep your sanity. And from the phone's resident internet app, there are times the I have to remember the BBcodes rather then clicking and using the advanced editor features.

Given that it's happened twice in 2 days, and I can't remember when I noticed it happening last, perhaps a revision to the join/rules page might be in order. Or re-write the code so email addresses (or at least not 'normal' username@domain.com) aren't allowed as user names. I redacted the @domain.com from the quote:

Perhaps it is traffic driven, but over the last 4 or 5 days, definitely been an uptick in the % of error messages when posting.

Can't help with the phone, JB. But Admin had been notified about the username. Thanks.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks GA

I have other issues w/ my cell provider & cellphone, so trying to post today was just another reason I need a new cell and possibly a new provider.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I think it's been mentioned on this list before, are threads older than 90 days going to have anything to distinguish them at some point? It seems people are posting to old threads more frequently since the upgrade. Also is the designation of OP going to be reintroduced to denote original poster to threads? I know there are bigger issues being fine tuned, and I think the forums are working better. I know the forum rules address allot of the posting issues. If new people read them, and remember them.

Just curious.

Thanks to all those working behind the scenes from all of us impatient iboaters.

Thanks again.

Dave

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Both of these are in the works after the forums stabilize a bit more. Also, a pending VB update is in the works after IT does some validation.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
seems like you could lock a thread automatically after 90 days with only the OP being able to restart it.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Adding Smiley's isn't working on my Android RAZR HD Maxx

jbcurt00

Staff member
I don't post much since my home computer started having problems and posting from my phone has been difficult at best (some of problems are my phone and my service provider related). Anyway, when I do post from my phone, I almost never try to use the A tab for advanced editting, the underlined capital A icon between the attachment paperclip icon and the smiley icon. I just noticed on my last post to a new Glastex Sea Star Topic in the resto forum, there is NO capital A icon, just the other two. Not sure when that dropped out on my phone. And it probably has something to do with the pagination error many of us get when we post from a mobile device. This post has 4 separate paragraphs, when I submit it, it will likely be all in 1.....

GA_Boater

JB - The next update is supposed to have some smartphone issues fixed. Will it fix all? :noidea:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok a new one last couple days.

In reply my Chrome spell check tells me I screwed up (i'm a horrible speller/typer) but when right click to correct it does not give me normal options. It has something like edit and a few others but no suggested words

I was going to get a screenshot for this post but now it is working correctly so is apparently an intermittent issue.

If you use Outlook, and ever get to typing in your signature line - it is the same it won't let you correct but does identify misspellings.

I'll keep an eye out and try to get a screen shot

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
happened again, got a shot. It happened all all four mis-spelled word. Since it was in a quote reply, after I posted that I went straight quick reply (never use advanced unless posting a pic) and same issue. This was on red herrings Finnish boat resto thread. On this post all misspelled words offered up normal correction options.

bassman284

Commander
happened again, got a shot. It happened all all four mis-spelled word. Since it was in a quote reply, after I posted that I went straight quick reply (never use advanced unless posting a pic) and same issue. This was on red herrings Finnish boat resto thread. On this post all misspelled words offered up normal correction options.

I've seen that a few times recently but not limited to iboats. It seems to be something with Chrome, maybe a messy update. If I shut down Chrome and reopen, it returns to normal.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I've seen that a few times recently but not limited to iboats. It seems to be something with Chrome, maybe a messy update. If I shut down Chrome and reopen, it returns to normal.
Just happened when I made my last post as well. I'm using up to date FireFox.

Haven't had it occur on either of the other 2 forums I posted to today.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I post on 2-3+ forums per day not on other ones.

and just did again, first time since yesterday

toneeees

Administrator
Not sure why that is happening, I haven't had an issue like that. I'll keep an eye out for it

jbcurt00

Staff member
I switched to a new Android cell (Samsung S5) this week and am now able to edit my posts via my cellphone. I don't know where it was posted that there was often a blank text box when attempting to edit posts via a cellphone/tablet, but here seems to be an OK place to let you know it's now working. Or at least is for me..........

Thanks

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
If you select the drop-down menu at top-right of most screens, where members name is, and select "my recent posts", it should be a very useful list.
BUT, I can't get it to sort by latest update, so it is not very useful. The option is there , but does not seem to work.
Pic attached....and you can see the dates are all over the map.
Thanks.

My posts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.