Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Couple of things I'm really missing in the new version: the "OP" indicator in a thread, and some icon that shows threads I've subscribed to or have contributed to. Those were really nice features.

A couple of bug-type things: in the view of the main forum page, it appears that the "Last Post" listing is not getting updated correctly. Also, I'm not seeing any differences in the titles of threads (or individual posts) I've read vs. threads/posts I haven't read. All the titles are the same color; in the old version, you could tell which threads had been updated since your last visit by the color of the title.

Thanks to everyone working on the upgrade. Must be an enormous task...

These seem to be fixed! Woo hoo! Thanks!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, lots more I like then anything I don't care for.

Besides, change is good, right? :watermelon::cool:

Only a few adds/changes I would make that I haven't seen posted yet are the qoute multiple threads 'button' in addition to the qoute 1 post button and to re-mark the Original Poster w/ the red (OP). Sometimes, esp after a topic has more then 1 page of posts, it can get hard to tell whose boat we're talking about.......

My biggie is that I'm not getting email updates of topic posts. Even those that are only on the new system and that I've posted to. But I'm sure that will change. I also gotta try to keep using the term Topic, not thread :facepalm:

Else most of the difficulty of navigation & whatever else I'm doing, is merely getting used to where stuff is & how to do what I formerly could on the old system, on the new version

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
These seem to be fixed! Woo hoo! Thanks!

I may have cheered too soon. The icon to the left of each forum name (e.g., Trailers and Towing) that changes color, depending on whether there are new/unread posts in that form, seems to be working only sporadically. It seemed to be working for a while...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's getting better, much better. But, a couple of things.

Clicking the New Topics button is giving results similar if not the same as the old New Posts :thumb:

But the results don't display the forum subsection. Also hovering over the thread title doesn't show the preview, which did work earlier. The only way to see anything is click on the post. Either the subforum section title or hover preview would be nice, both is perfect.

At least you're making 2 steps forward and only one back. :smile:

goose25

Seaman Apprentice
where has the doral forum located now, its not listed under manufactures anymore ?
thanks

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
Another convenience I'm missing or isn't there - It used to read "[OP]" but the name of the original poster in a thread. It doesn't seem to indicate who the OP is anywhere now.

On a positive note ... I'm kinda' getting into the new "Type something here..." box & controls. :thumb:

I'm trying to get used to the very noticeable scrolling effect when you click to post to the thread and it takes you to the "write something" box and when you actually "Post Reply".

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks, but that changes the order of ALL the forum threads....I just want the posts in a specific thread to show in order ....newest first.

I just tried that too and your totally right. How can you, if you can, change just the order of the thread itself. I like seeing the most recent post first?

southkogs

Staff member
Coming along nicely guys - looks a lot different than it did even this morning. Thanks for all the work.

EDIT: Weird: either this bug was fixed as I was typing or I'm much more blind than I thought. :D

Last edited:

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander
I can't even change pages on a thread to view the latest activity as well as viewing from the accending order which for some is in the options of the filter button but not for me! I guess for now no viewing for now will have to due.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
the page buttons on a thread do not seem to work for last couple days. On New Topics they work.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Just to add to the list... The ability to enlarge the page by pinching when viewing the site on an iPad seems to be not working again. That functionality had worked for a few days prior to the recent restore, but it's gone again. Nothing urgent... Some things seem much better... I haven't seem the dreaded 'page cannot be rendered' error since the restore. Good luck and thanks to everyone working to get the forums running smoothly! Jim

Larry3215

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Im getting hundreds of e-mails a day. They were notifications of posts to threads I was not subscribed to, plus my regular ones. Now Im getting blank e-mails from "forums@newsm-fe1; " with nothing in the e-mail.

Seriously, more than a hundred a day..

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Can't post, keep getting error msg.

Changing pages, another error msg.

Still not getting proper thread updates...

Really liked the old Green Checkmark/Arrow? indicating threads I had responded to...

Still can't figure out how to go to the latest posts on a particular thread [ascending/descending], instead of having to select the last page in the upper right, get error msg., refresh then finally, sometimes get there...

If I do it on the home page it takes me back to the first threads ever posted in the forum, like 2002???

I know you guys are working your butts off on this, but it sure is frustrating to have the site working one day, then not at all for several days...

Awww, what the heck...I am prolly just blowin smoke, cause this prolly won't post, either...
facepalm.gif

Tim in TN

Seaman
There doesn't seem to be a Tahoe section under Boat Manufacturers. We weren't very active but we did trade info sometimes.

Thanks,
Tim in TN

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
There doesn't seem to be a Tahoe section under Boat Manufacturers. We weren't very active but we did trade info sometimes.

Thanks,
Tim in TN

I don't know where you're looking, but Tahoe is the very first entry in the T-Z Manufacturers.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
interesting, I have keep getting error on Chrome telling me my post didn't save (haven't tried much last couple weeks) and it doesn't show up on page reload after post. For fun I went to IE and there was my post. A manual reload and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.