Posting Issues

LX Kid

Ensign
Maybe someone can help me out. When I make new posting the forum always goes to "WORKING" when I save it. I have to get totally out of iBoats and then reopen it to see my saved post. Also my Daylight Saving not working even though I have it turned on. What ya Think?

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I can't speak to the DST issue, but refreshing the page usually breaks it out of the "working" cycle and presents a new post for me.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hit refresh to see your post, you don't have to get out of the forum. Smack F5 on a PC or whatever refresh is on your device.

Look at the stickie on top Website Issues to fix post times. Time changes have been messed up since the advent of VB5.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
When you get the "working"

Count to 5, hit F5, continue on.....

southkogs

Staff member
For me in Safari on the Mac, when the dialogue box disappears from working window I know it's posted. If I want to see it, I just refresh the window.

LX Kid

Ensign
For me in Safari on the Mac, when the dialogue box disappears from working window I know it's posted. If I want to see it, I just refresh the window.

Yes, on my MAC that does the trick. Thanks to everyone.

LX Kid

Ensign
When posting something the posting says draft saved and "do you want to restore or discard?" When I say restore it sends me all the way back to the "Forums" and didn't save anything! I then have to re-type everything and try posting again. Sometimes after posting and refreshing my post is gone and doesn't show up at all? What's up with that?

GA_Boater

Restore/Discard is an intermittent issue. It worked just before posting this.

The posting and refreshing thing, as long as Working pops up, it's posted. Through all the problems, this has been consistent as long as Post Reply was clicked.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Is it my imagination, or is the "Working" popup taking particularly long to clear (if it ever does go away...)? Seems much more noticeable since the update.

GA_Boater

The lingering Working after posting has returned. The crew is working on it and until it's taken care of just refresh the page.