struggling with search on new forum format

stackz

Master Chief Petty Officer
maybe someone who is more familiar with the new forum layout can help.

I posted a thread several years back asking for help ID'ing some outboard and I/O setups. We finally cut one of the I/O setups up to sell it and I was trying to find that thread as it was identified in it for me.

I've tried searching under both "stackz" and "stackz88" which are the two user names I have on here. I've tried searching for threads started by both user names and I dont think that particularly works? is that where I put in my member name in the advanced search and then click the "posted by" next to that window or no?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
BTW - Just looked at you public profile then clicked the About tab and then clicked All Started Topics - It was on the 1st page.

stackz

Master Chief Petty Officer
hmm, no it wasnt that one. the one I'm looking for is a mercruiser I/O setup. the serial number is gone on the outdrive from wear or father time or whatever. its simply marked Mercruiser 120 in the top middle and then its what I think is a GM 4 cylinder...not the ford one with the 460 head. I want to say it was in the same thread I asked about a yamaha outboard and a really old starfire engine?? I know we still have the starfire or whatever it is in the middle of the woods with trees growing around it.

I will fiddle with what you mentioned.