Test Thread For Photo Attachments

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
wow and on google plus under people it has suggestions for me to follow. creepy i guess it reads my contacts - looks like phone but it also has my ex wife on there who I do not have in my phone any longer - and it has her radio name not real name (she does a morning show in MO)

google really does know all.

briangcc

Commander
I ended up using MS Onedrive for now. I uploaded my photos to the photos section. From there, at least what I've found, is that you can't use the Windows 10 app (in your taskbar next to your clock) to share the photos but instead go to their webpage (login of course) and click Embed. From there, click Generate.Do not include the extra HTML tags as they're not needed. Copy the text in the box with the code - all of it.

Now in your reply click the underlined A in the upper right corner to go to Advanced Mode. Click the little image icon (if you hover your mouse over it it pops up Image). Paste all of the code into the URL line and you get the below results.

**Depending on the size of your original you may have to use the drop box to change the image size to something the forum can handle. This is Medium and my cell camera is set to 16:9 (16M).

y4mjNik_23atVUXe4fvhPupC3FHq0L8dEdLMPNqkMimkfChCcOdNU5zJED2YZ_AqF2M-ciGYMTCTbYbgafQVpMk6xmYl9iIBzeg-X_bKDdVIlks9PFbCXRPv2y7ql8PmsoHq0wbvuwhRgpG6BbQo_4NJuxBRRKDtSffdP1SJuvSeMBoNp8HgpXtoMcWfR-Wyf_41OWtqe4Mfg64xgmM9O6TLw

And my cell, Galaxy S6, includes the ability to upload directly to OneDrive.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
pricing looks reasonable. Hav eyou gound a way to auto resize as you uploage? Google photos does that.

southkogs

Staff member
bruce can you see this?

20170721_062057.jpg

i remember reading in the internets yesterday that you can share to your google + {which is public** then go there and get your link.

seems like there would be more chatter out there on this but I didn't have too much luck with it.

Interestingly, I can't see this one now. I can still see the others though.

briangcc

Commander
pricing looks reasonable. Hav eyou gound a way to auto resize as you uploage? Google photos does that.

OneDrive? Its free for home/non-business users with 5GB of storage. You can of course pay for more storage if you need it and I'm sure they charge accordingly. Bundled app with Windows 10 so you can run the app to upload the photos from the PC if you desire although I've yet to locate where the embed option is within the app - easily located within the online webpage.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Interestingly, I can't see this one now. I can still see the others though.

well sh.... THought we had it.

BTW those are 3 of the 7 oinions we grew. First harvest, chopped up in a shepards pie mix for tomorrow night.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Here's my solution for the guys running a windows based computer. I only tested it on the first 8 photos on post #1 of my bellboy rebuild, but it was VERY easy and eliminates the photo hosting site.

Step #1 - I keep all of my photos organized so my boat photos are all in one folder. I created a new folder within my computer's boat picture folder and named it resized photos.

Step #2 - Go to you search bar at the bottom of your search bar and type "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"

Step #3 - In your pictures album select all of your boat photo and "click and drag" all of the selected photo into the Picture manager's window pane and release the mouse

Step #4 - within Picture Manager select all of your photos you dragged in there (mine remained selected after I had dropped them in there)

Step #5 - Click "Edit Pictures" then "Resize" then click the drop down carrot to select "Document-Large (1024 X 768 px)" and click "Okay".
Mine converted so fast I was sitting there waiting for a progress bar to come up but it was already done and I was just a chump looking around my monitors like a cat looking for a laser.

Step #6 - Here's the hard part... drag all of your selected photos in the Picture Manager and Drag & Drop them into your boat files edited folder you made in step #1

Step #7 - upload your photos directly to iBoats and resize the photos in edit mode.

These 7 steps are extremely easy and fast. If iBoats ever loses your photos they're already resized and waiting for you to re-upload.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
For MS OneDrive photo hosting. https://onedrive.live.com/

To some this may seem quite cumbersome to just get a pic into the thread but once you get used to OneDrive it's pretty simple and fairly quick. You can also resize the embeded pic too with a drop down box, the pics below are medium size. There's also an app for your cell phone to send the pics right to OD and all PC's have the OD cloud that shows up on the task bar. All the screen shots below, when I print screen my PC sends them directly to OD so it was simple to just embed the code for the screens I wanted to show here.

Select photo, click embed.

y4mAcIOgGeD9a9fGz0IMuBY8xJOZO4wEPsu_zzS8-Sf7lrV8tTNxj0aAbrXWVySLSFRKiFnHn8LM7lLezduMfOMtTRUpz-_2LGqjAEWeKXNOctShCK1jCgrrOcS8C_4N8yMfeN6U52dUzRd3FDBhrgS_qYEypljjLNd-XehTaFPe2DYFf90X5PGseUlKe3FHMh0o_QT-HwXGaYJqxF8Xzau3w

Click generate.

Copy the code from the box.

y4msWJ08TFlI_-6SRUlmXzSciwrEUAlKKIdGO7zyjwDrMMYaDsRsBg0khX9RJhWHVpvfwyVXoCTS__2WHNWojKS8Y82hPOw-16Sl2Wb9O8ExjVivpQtUMyGrmI1f1nece-N1usaiRr8RNMNhrO5fpOCKcxDtrw02on2zxvRrvM_enhI264iUuyrf2wsX6H_RhDrShL5kvWkq5DFul8Y8Ma06A

Open the advanced editor here in the forum and click on the photo icon and paste the code into the URL line in the box, hit enter.

y4mwCo07VyxSRqQWARxQpNLA1e2iZO3pWVYe2hLiBSabp_K2cImdZ6MXUPGZVR7ySYatMBO85wZFLYUY98tow3XLBtoWjEHBDLwjOdLUNn2_JdbHjmPqOO40-Jn3AaqBtoDNqIPx37Mco3JYxyyl6StFIOsgUqQzy0_ZwkvbhLWX1xRTfqL_np2fz9tOec6UFUuq1WXTAinVDplmwbWB9RWqg

Your photo is now embedded in the post.

y4mqATdt4h0kwtajze-TVDu3Oq_h2uRXd5vh1kNmucKFKe6WMmU7YPnhXaFQLTJTy1r2DNdkgPre2MDoSbHkC38PE4_Mj06U8AJJyqcPzFSRVuwEZbMfPmhF_qUk-8O3htw7yrFIbe6L3pbn2qCsdUN5QIhUsSh0aDoPXxZg2dVvbuD3Brmu4BD3pW7zeJzrCHC6Dune97SgHN2uCdF9Q4_Cw

y4mq4FyQCkZh4-hcEJYS5KGHXyTCwoAOQiBnpmpnX7SraccGJpUNuT9JCp1lmGYLiMvkdsU2Ve81QAji-pgajM0Bl1ZEUwZpGZLfYs87DZnXxkV1FX0GfcdlRtfmpsevni3CHStOnQi3KbcfoZU2gNSbmNp8o86m_S9JHj6yv7IhLx44mdY0bzKRkSUe4Am16LJOLEMKPSPNb8H5F0cf2T8rg

Last edited:

Pusher

Lieutenant
Soumds pretty quick actually!

Nice looking boat to use for your demonstration

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have mine in a separate shared folder

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
weird ... now all of 'em are gone.

In Google Photos, did you create a shared album?

I didn't. Just trying to understand why some couldn't see and some could when technically no one should have since I didn't share the album. I'm hoping google does a few things to make it easier to use like PB was - I'm assuming they and others are getting a bunch more uploads since the PB hijacking began.

southkogs

Staff member
With Google Photos, what seems to happen is if you're logged in (to one of the sites, not sure which) and you have linked a photo not in a shared album, the photo is visible. When you're not logged in (to at least one) it's not - I'm not positive that's how it works, but that's my current working hypothesis.

What I know is that if you put the photo into a shared album, and then link it to the forum from that shared album - it'll be visible regardless if you're logged in to either site.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok just an FYI on my forum no one has been able to see anything {it is a proboards forum}. Small number of people to test but ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
still cannot figure out how to move to a created shared album. I did the initial with three pics, called it 'main' and now cannot see it when i click share>to shared album. it got a few things in there that i have somehow shared but not the 'main' album.