Trouble uploading Photos

psj

Seaman Apprentice
When I try to upload photos that I took today with Blackberry Q10 (then saved to computer), I get "The file you are trying to upload is corrupted" message.

They're below the max. size limit and in JPEG format. I can upload other JPEGS with no problems.

Any ideas?

southkogs

Staff member
If you download one to your computer, open it in a photo viewer and re-save it (change the name) as a JPEG, what happens?

How a device compresses an image effects the JPEG sometimes.

psj

Seaman Apprentice
If you download one to your computer, open it in a photo viewer and re-save it (change the name) as a JPEG, what happens?

How a device compresses an image effects the JPEG sometimes.

I resized 2 of them with Paint and saved as JPEG. Still said corrupted.

I then re-shot a few with an Android phone and had no problem uploading them.

I'll keep tinkering with it. Thanks for your help

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I have found converting them to .png allows them to be uploaded without any problem. I was also having problem with JPGs...

HTH,

Chris........

psj

Seaman Apprentice
Saving as .png does the trick.

Thanks, Chris.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Don't have any issues downloading JPG files, all my posted pics were shot at 1600 x 1200 pixels, post edited and rezized before posting to 1000 x 750 with no more than 200 KB weight each, downloads fasts, opens same way and looks great.

Happy Boating

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I got an invalid data message when I tried to upload a .jpg picture. I opened the picture in MS Paint and saved it as a .png but I also reduced the size to 35%. When I saved it to my post, it just posted a link addy. I thought it was supposed to post a thumbnail? The issue with the jpg may have been it's size. I'll have to experiment.