Trouble uploading Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble uploading Photos

When I try to upload photos that I took today with Blackberry Q10 (then saved to computer), I get "The file you are trying to upload is corrupted" message.

They're below the max. size limit and in JPEG format. I can upload other JPEGS with no problems.

Any ideas?

If you download one to your computer, open it in a photo viewer and re-save it (change the name) as a JPEG, what happens?

How a device compresses an image effects the JPEG sometimes.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_270443_1499813187632_202[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
      If you download one to your computer, open it in a photo viewer and re-save it (change the name) as a JPEG, what happens?

How a device compresses an image effects the JPEG sometimes.
      I resized 2 of them with Paint and saved as JPEG. Still said corrupted.

I then re-shot a few with an Android phone and had no problem uploading them.

I'll keep tinkering with it. Thanks for your help

Comment

I have found converting them to .png allows them to be uploaded without any problem. I was also having problem with JPGs...

HTH,

Chris........
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100’ below.
        1972 Bertram ‘Bahia Mar’ 20
        2006 Mercruiser 4.3MPI (0W617679) w/Alpha One Gen II (0W829301)
        (Original - 1972 '165' In-line 6. Previous - 1994 4.3LX)

Comment

Saving as .png does the trick.

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Don't have any issues downloading JPG files, all my posted pics were shot at 1600 x 1200 pixels, post edited and rezized before posting to 1000 x 750 with no more than 200 KB weight each, downloads fasts, opens same way and looks great.

Happy Boating
            Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

I got an invalid data message when I tried to upload a .jpg picture. I opened the picture in MS Paint and saved it as a .png but I also reduced the size to 35%. When I saved it to my post, it just posted a link addy. I thought it was supposed to post a thumbnail? The issue with the jpg may have been it's size. I'll have to experiment.

Comment

Boomyal

Boom - I edited your post and clicked Thumbnail on the Insert Image line. You can edit and change to a different pic size, I didn't go that far.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...9#post10470459
                BOAT SPECS • FORUM HELP • STARCRAFT FORUM • SHOP iboats
                Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                That is what the forums are for.
                Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                  Boomyal

Boom - I edited your post and clicked Thumbnail on the Insert Image line. You can edit and change to a different pic size, I didn't go that far.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...9#post10470459
                  I see now GA. I did not notice the camera icon on the left side of the text box header bar. I used the 'upload attachments' icon over on the right side of the bar. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X