Critical Errors?

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ok, I'm not the only one.. Just read all this..
​I've gotten them before, about the time others did, and they started up again for me too today around noon-ish Eastern time....
Same thing. refresh a few times it loads, but getting the CE a lot..
​(I only post because I know the more info the better.... lol)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Seem this site is having some real issues this afternoon. I was unable to even log off for over three hours due to the "Critical Error" and even "Not Able To Reach This Site" messages. This is the very first time I could get here to post and log off... Not complaining, only stating!

southkogs

Staff member
Some changes to the servers went nuts today. The end goal is to improve the store and then the forums ... looks like we have a few bumps on the way though.

dozerII

Admiral
The same happened to me a couple hours apart no access due to critical errors. When I do get to post and reply after I hit the post tab it will sit and say working for ever unless I hit the refresh tab.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Critical errors back and really bad earlier this morning... seems to be better now...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I had to fight just to get back to the top to log off this morning. There were Critical Errors for everything. :eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member
IT was notified @7a EST this morning, by the time I tried again, hours later, I didnt get an error...

Thanks for your patience when its difficult to log on

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Sure, no problem. Not complaining, just reporting (in case it might help)...

Jim

southkogs

Staff member
They are really fighting it behind the scenes too y'all. It's been frustrating on both sides of the curtain.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Worse as the day goes on, took about ten tries to bring this thread back up.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just some info for the folks at iBoat IT dept...
​I too was getting the CE's tonight.. They seemed to get worse as the night went on.
​About 9-9:30pm Eastern, It changed.. I was no longer getting CE errors, but instead, getting cannot find the page.. (I believe it was an HTTP 404 error).

​So, I closed all my browser instances, made sure I had no browsers running in Task Manager, and then re-launched browser at approx. 10pm Eastern.

​Haven't seen a CE error since, and have had no issues accessing site.
​Now I don't know if that was just pure coincidence or not, but figured I'd provide the information for any future troubleshooting.

​Next time I get the CE's I'll try the browser closing again and see if it makes any difference at that point.
​I'll report my findings then, if you're interested..

I'm a software engineer by trade. Mostly desktop and Android apps right now.
​Not so much Websites anymore, but I know information is always good.

​Hope the info helps somewhat...
​Thanks!

southkogs

Staff member
Thanks ^^^^

It's not y'all :) Not sure what happened today but we took it in the shins again. I think we're back up and going now, but it was a rough afternoon.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Back again as of about 1:12am Eastern.

​I tried again, closing all browsers and reopening. No help. (Just like you pointed out above)..

​This time, using Charles http proxy, I was getting http 500 (Internal Server) errors.

So, I won't bother reporting more. It is on the server side, not "Us Clients".. lol, I'll just deal with it.
​I have no doubt the iBoats IT team will get It sorted out.

​As eluded to in prior posts, it could be as simple as over usage of a hosting plan, memory, cpu allocation, or other such limitation. The forums have gotten quite busy! LOL

​I'm sticking with iBoats.. I've received invaluable help and advice, and while quite new in the grand scheme, have been able to help 1 or 2 others in my limited capacity too.
​Wouldn't change a thing!

That's my update for informational purposes only.. Not complaining.. :joyous:

Thanks again!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks JB,

Admin and IT were notified early am EST this morning. Thanks to all

southkogs

Staff member
Bumpy ride most of the morning. Sorry y'all. I "think" the captain has turned off the "fasten seatbelt" sign for the day, so feel free to move about the forums :D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yep, seems better now. The forums were really, really slow for me yesterday and I had a couple Critical Errors. But this morning was tough. Gotta have my iBoats with my coffee! :joyous: