Critical Errors?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Getting almost daily critical errors on both Windows 10. Windows 7 Pro and Iphone

jbcurt00

Staff member
Daily?

It has happened on and off, but typically not for long and certainly not every day. Last weekend, IIRC, was the last time.

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes w the store site. We've been told its bleeding over and affecting the forum. Notified admin this morning, after your post, but I havent had any errors or lags /waiting since last weekend.

Site changes should be finished soon, and be a big improvement in function, form and usability.

Thanks

southkogs

Staff member
Haven't had a CE since Friday (I think). They've been more frequent lately though, dingbat.

JB's got the rest of the detail as I understand it.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Maybe not every day but at least 4-5 times in the past 7-10 days. One this morning prompted this post.

If it's a known issue then so be it

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just checking @ details, thanks

The more we tell the IT minions the better, usually :rolleyes:

Sometimes????

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Just checking @ details, thanks

The more we tell the IT minions the better, usually :rolleyes:

Sometimes????

I have ever been getting the critical errors off and on this morning after 11 am eastern time.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I've been getting them this morning, too, on almost every opening of a new page. Usually hitting refresh 2-5 works.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I notified Admin abut 30min ago about it.

Thanks Jake.

JBC

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Me too, can't navigate most of the site this morning due to it.

​And now it won't let me post this reply, I'll keep trying, so if it appears you'll know I finally succeeded.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Me too, can't navigate most of the site this morning due to it.

​And now it won't let me post this reply, I'll keep trying, so if it appears you'll know I finally succeeded.

Been a challenging day all around.

Admin thinks it's handled, for now. It is an on going concern, and is being given LOTS of attention by the IT minions, along w/ the background changes to the store, the forum is going to get some much needed improvements.

It still isn't as bad as the torpedo shot vB5 gave us, but is still frustrating, we (Mods, Admin team, the IT folks and the owners) all agree. It is headed in the right direction: escaping the vB5 problems.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Not to add on, but I had those issues for a few days now. But I thought it was the network system and not at iboats end. That just shows how much I know about computers systems.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nope, it has clearly been your fault all along GM, :rolleyes:

Thanks for the continued patience and perseverance.....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well I did physically touch my computer so I'm sure it's partly my fault...🙄

iboats_tim

User
Been a challenging day all around.

Admin thinks it's handled, for now. It is an on going concern, and is being given LOTS of attention by the IT minions, along w/ the background changes to the store, the forum is going to get some much needed improvements.

It still isn't as bad as the torpedo shot vB5 gave us, but is still frustrating, we (Mods, Admin team, the IT folks and the owners) all agree. It is headed in the right direction: escaping the vB5 problems.

It has absolutely been a challenging day and we're still working on it since I know how frustrating it is to keep hitting that error page. At this point, the belief is that we've maxed out our server since this forum is getting more traffic than ever before. The good news is we were planning on server upgrades anyways so I'm hoping we can fast track that.

To attempt to put a positive spin on this extremely frustrating and inconvenient situation: this community has become so active and big that we outgrew a server. That's really something.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
I think what Tim was saying is that those of us that got the "critical error" message were the carefully chosen ones they thought the community could do without, and were not bright enough to know what was going on. I think we proved them wrong.;)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I had one about 6 AM this morning mountain time, they don't really bother me as I run VB systems for a lot of my various forums and know where to look when it starts happening, normally I have to reallocate how the memory is used on a server to get things back in order, I have also had to move forums to different servers to overcome the problem because the backbone of the server can't handle all of the traffic in an efficient manner. Bad NIC cards can cause a lot of problems, overheating can cause the same error, errors in the memory, there are so many things that can cause CE's on these systems.

southkogs

Staff member
Today is definitely better than yesterday. I'm still seeing some hang ups here and there, but not the critical errors I saw yesterday.