Not allowed to view thread

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
In my message center I have a notification of a post made on one of my subscriptions, but when I click on it, it says I'm not authorized to view this thread. I've tried logging out and back in with no luck. I've also been unable to find the thread in the sections. The thread is "some people shouldn't own a boat"

southkogs

Staff member
brian4321 - the topic is in Boating Safety. Try looking in there (I just bumped it). If you can't get to it that way, then I'll try linking you over to it.

Also - the forum software has been hiccuping a little over the last couple of days. That might be contributing to it too.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Actually, I suspect the link in your notifications points to a post by jimmbo. He had trouble posting images in his 1st attempt, and deleted the content of that post when he successfully posted the images in a 2nd reply.

I deleted his post as it was empty. That would be the reason you arent allowed to view it. Its no longer there...... the link is invalid.

Since youvd been notified of a new post, once jimmbo reposted, you werent notified a 2nd time. No matter how many posts and replies there have been to a topic, or days between them, once you get notified, you arent notified again, until you view the topic.

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
Actually, I suspect the link in your notifications points to a post by jimmbo. He had trouble posting images in his 1st attempt, and deleted the content of that post when he successfully posted the images in a 2nd reply.

I deleted his post as it was empty. That would be the reason you arent allowed to view it. Its no longer there...... the link is invalid.

Since youvd been notified of a new post, once jimmbo reposted, you werent notified a 2nd time. No matter how many posts and replies there have been to a topic, or days between them, once you get notified, you arent notified again, until you view the topic.

Thanks, makes perfect sense