Selling 1979 Carver Montego 2357

jbcurt00

Staff member
As long as you have an ad listing w iboats, you can post a boat for sale in the forum AND include a link to your ad in the for sale topic.

Which?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This covers using the forums to sell a boat.

8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, rent, trade, free, donate, etc.) in the forum. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule. Solicitation by PM must be preceded by contact in the forum. Please note: threads or posts that give extensive details on anything that is for sale will be assumed to be an attempt to advertise and are subject to deletion. Any attempt to sell in the forums will be edited or deleted, including but not limited to profiles and signatures. If you are selling a boat - paid advertising through iboats is acceptable to post in the forum. A link to the ad is mandatory and must be included in your post. Signature links for boats advertised on iboats are acceptable. We encourage members to use this service.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
$45 month? I like $20ish but oh well.

So another question how can I clean up an old thread? When I first started coming here a couple years ago I pulled my rehab thread from my forum but it doesn't really make a lot of sense in certain parts because that one is small and we are all pretty close, been together for 10ish years or so over there.

I'd like to clean up - I could just start a new thread in the middle of the night and paste over and have one of yall lock it when I'm done?

southkogs

Staff member
Can you write post edits, PM them to me and point to where you want 'em to go? That might keep us to one topic.

Sorry about the Carver, but I completely understand. That's what's kept me to a trailer boat.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah this was our 'trailer boat' from the 34', but the way we boat now really the Lone Star is best, plus I can fit in the barn so no storage fees. I'm still hunting for the 20+ footer StarCraft.

I'll run thru the Carver thread and see if it will be easy to clean up.

Thanks.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
so looking over it prob just delete complete posts rather than any editing. I'll wokr on it this week but doing a brutal Denver trip this week, then drive to Mo and hanging out with the brother for a few weeks.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
It wasn't there and the confirmation of taking my money stated up to two days. If I can get free on cl why up to two days when my money is being taken.

sam60

Captain
Joe, I sold my cruiser boat locally when I seen a guy wearing a fishing club jacket at my pal's shop. I asked him if he knew anyone looking for a boat. It took 3 months of payments before I signed the titles and he hauled it away. Then he gave it away to someone. He decided it was too big.

jbcurt00

Staff member
We dont have anything to do w the boat ads Joe, cant answer your question specifically but sounds like its a typical auto response in a digital age.

Better to under promise and over deliver. Ad went live pretty quick, IMO. As an online retailer, it may take an actual person to review each ad before it goes live. I'd bet Craigs relies on a pretty basic auto-censor or bot to parse ads before they go live. And relie on usrrs to help police the wack-a-doos that post bogus ads. Some of those are fairly blatant bogus ads, that a well written, high level auto-censor or bot should have caught. Esp given the number of ads that get posted in numerous cities, w no changes...

Most vendors will make the w/drawl almost immediately when you place an order online, but say it may take upto 2business days to 'process'. Then will often take 5-10business days to issue a refund, maybe longer. Its all.just 1s and 0s, and in a moder digital age, it shouldnt take nearly that long. No different then my bank notifing me before close of business today, that there are auto-drafts going out and direct deposits going in to my account tomorrow. The computers have already 'spoken' to each other in advance of the money actually moving..... .

jbcurt00

Staff member
Added the ad link to your 1st post

redneck joe do you want to change the topic title to:

Selling 1979 Carver Montego 2357 ?

I'd suggest just starting a new topic in boat topics or the Carver subforum, either 1 would be a good choice. Adding it to your signature line is a good idea too, but it doesn't really stand out. If you do start a new topic, link it here.......

I will try to watch for it and post a reply that w a paid ad, you are permitted to post your boat for sale, otherwise, not permitted.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
go ahead and change the topic title. Carver forum is slow, and specific to Carver lovers but may do.

thanks