Need help uploading pictures from Photobucket to forum

dthx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a project that is difficult to explain without pictures...
But I cant seem to get thru the #3 option on the "uploading pictures" sticky
I have a Photobucket account and have uploaded a picture to "an album" as they call it but cant seem to get the picture from there to the forum..
Anybody a master at doing that?

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
I have a project that is difficult to explain without pictures...
But I cant seem to get thru the #3 option on the "uploading pictures" sticky
I have a Photobucket account and have uploaded a picture to "an album" as they call it but cant seem to get the picture from there to the forum..
Anybody a master at doing that?

I would strongly suggest using option 2 and direct upload. This way photos will always be here

To use option 3, you need to click the IMG code

dthx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does option 2 allow for pictures bigger than 2MB?
I thought only option 3 allowed for pictures bigger than 2MB.
My camera takes pictures larger than what is allowed by the forum.
I called the tech service folks for my camera and the size of my pictures cant be changed.
They recommended a 3rd party like Photobucket.
Also...there is no "IMG" field to select.
I have
email and IM
HTMI embedflash embed
slide show
story
story embed
Do you use Photobucket?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Option 2 doesnt guarantee pix will aways be here.

No option does unfortunately.

No opt 1 and 2 doesnt allow bigger pix. Smaller actually, 700KB each

Click and open a pix in your photobucket album

At the bottom right of a pix there should be a SHARE button

Clicking that should bring up a list of a few choices. Choose:

Get links

That should pull up a window that has an IMG code box. Copy all the info in the IMG code box and paste it into your forum replies

Once you put oix into an album and post them to a forum, if you move them, change their file name or otherwise make any changes, it will break the coded link in your replies and the pix disappear. Thats what AD is suggesting you avoid. If Photobucket ever goes caput, pix will also be lost.

Countless images here were lost due to a software failure that couldnt be avoided. Users moving their Photobucket pix around after posting them is a primary reason those pix go MIA, if users wouldnt move them, they wouldnt disappear. Other less reliable 3rd party host sites folding is a smaller # of the lost pix then ether of the other 2 reasons I mentioned, IMO.

Use whatever method YOU prefer for whatever reason YOU prefer it.

I prefer using Photobucket, recommend it and will continue to use and recommend it over the uploaded to iboats method because it puts nice big pix IN my posts and they dont have to be opened to be viewed and can be embedded directly into my text descriptions of whatever I've posted a pix of.....

dthx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you very much for the time it took to explain this to me...sincerely.

I was able to post 3 or 4 shots of my lower unit.....

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
My method from photobucket is to open the pic, right click, copy, go back to your post, choose edit at top of the page, then paste. That always gives me large pics in my post.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you decide to forego photo bucket, you can resize your pictures using a program like mspaint or any of the many other capable photo editors. Then resize the pictures you want to post and save them. Then copy them direct to here. Works for me, but I resized my initial picture size via my digital camera. Now I have zero problems posting any picture. JMHO

dthx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm getting some success using Photobucket.....thanks for the explanation and help.