Screen Name Pics & Emoticons

Rookster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi All - being new to the forum, I'm wondering how to go about adding a picture in the little "ID" box next to my screen name...likely the instructions are right under my nose somewhere, but not that I've seen. Also some have Emoticons or Giffs - is there a library on the site to select from or are they just off the web?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Click your name in the info box to go to your profile. Then click the Avatar pic to add or edit your Avatar.

To add emoticons - Click the dark Jack-O-Lantern in the upper right corner of any message. :D:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Screen name image is an Avatar. Go to your profile page and click the big imave box to the left of your user name.

That will pull up the options to add an image as your avatar. It must be a small kB file size. Under 50kb, IIRC.

The advance editor options along the top of the post/reply window should have a smilie button to pull up a list of 'resident' iboat smilie library. Click one and it gets inserted wherever your cursor is in your reply.

Otherwise you can add gifs as images.

Rookster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do those instructions also apply when using the iBoats app from a smartphone?

iboats_tim

User
You can update your avatar from your phone if you scroll all the way to the bottom of your profile and click on your avatar and click edit. If you click the "browse" you should be able to choose an image saved on your phone.