Pages not fully loading . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
The forum seems a bit broken this morning. The pages are not loading fully and therefore the editing features (formatting, attachments, etc.) do not seem to work. I have tried several browsers with the same result. (Mac OS X if that matters)

Tnstratofam

Commander
I'm having issues too. I'm on an android tablet using chrome I believe. It's almost like the pages are stuck in limbo. When I go to a thread from my messages and return to my messages the notification isn't clearing. In other words it looks like I've still got new message notifications when I've allready cleared them or visited the thread. I've tried clearing my cache and loging out and back in to no avail.

The message notifications stay whether I post a new reply in the threads or just visit them to read what others have posted.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Spoke too soon. Now having problems subscribing to a thread and double posts.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Um, yeah, the page loaded ok, but hitting the post reply button took me to an error screen....

My reply did post, but it didnt load right and now this page isn't loading right.

jbcurt00

Staff member
On it..... my last post seemed to work/post right

EDIT: As did this 1
EDIT2: And the edit loaded correctly
EDIT3: same ^^^

Tnstratofam

Commander
Just visited a thread from my message center. Waited for a couple of minutes and the page never fully loaded. Meaing I could see the entire page but the loading bar at the top never stopped. When I went back to my message page by clicking on messages it showed I still had a new message for that thread.

As I am posting here it has loaded completely meaning the refresh icon is available for this web page instead of the x you get while pages are completing loading. Also I noticed that when the pages are stuck the back to the top button isn't available.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Update it looks like it's taking between 1 and 2 minutes for pages to completely load on my tablet. I can see the whole page, post in the threads, and leave the page while it's trying to load.

Tnstratofam

Commander
If I wait the 1 or 2 minutes for the page to load completely and see the refresh icon and the back to the top button appear, and then return to my messages from the thread it clears my notification for the thread I was visiting.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Log off, restart device and log in.

This may be a forum software to certain devices problem or on your end.

In the past, when I've logged on via a desktop and later use my cell, the forum 'expects' me to be on a computer and the page is formatted larger then my cell's viewable window w no way to resize from my cell. Have to go to a computer and hit crtl - to reduce the screen size, then back to my cell and pages are formatted for my cell again.

Not the same problem you're having but similar.

Chrome and Firefox have both done updates recently that also cause problems w the forum loading correctly. Esp those running certain anti-virus and ad blocker software. But not for everyone whoch makes it even odd'r.

EDIT: Loaded and posted from my cell correctly
EDIT1: Edit did too

jbcurt00

Staff member
I dont recall who off hand, but IIRC, 3 members have had message notifications they are unable to delete or remove from their notification little red box to the left of their user name at the top of the page.

Even w the help of Admin and the IT guys. A bug in there somewhere and a bit of a pain.......

tpenfield

Staff member
try quoting a post in a reply or using the paperclip icon to upload a picture or the "A" icon to format text . . . Those things do not seem to work . . .

Tnstratofam

Commander
Logged off. Made sure I was logged off phone and computer. Restarted tablet. Logged on and still page took 1 to 2 minutes to load. I was logged on using my computer last night, but logged off it around 10pm eastern. I have a habbit of not logging off my tablet or phone though. I wonder if that could be causing problems on my end. Like I said once the refresh icon and btt button show up everything seems good. Till I go to the next thread and the waiting starts all over again.

alldodge

Staff member
Having similar issues, messages not being able to dismiss, not finish loading, troubles replying. Sure it will work its way out in time

Tnstratofam

Commander
I can't get the iboats website to load on my computer at all it says connection timed out. Using firefox. I'm going to try to clear my cache and stored files to see if that helps.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Had these issues on my ipad late last night/early this morning (1 a.m. Central US time). Not noticing any problems now 11:47 a.m. On the same devive.