Dropbox image posting issue

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
In another thread, I used img code along with my dropbox link to put in a picture.

testing using img without using dropbox seems to work
lagoon_winter.jpg

Here it is using a dropbox link

lagoon_winter.jpg

Doesn't work...

Wonder what happened with dropbox in the last couple hours.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
OK...found an old email...

Hi bruce,

We?re always looking to improve the Dropbox sharing experience. The Public folder was the first sharing method we introduced, and since then, we?ve built even better ways for you to share securely and work together with your team.

As a result, we?ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Basic users will be able to use the Public folder until March 15, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If you?d like to keep sharing files in your Public folder, you can create new shared links. Just make sure to send the new URLs to your collaborators.

In addition to shared links, we have a number of sharing options designed to make collaboration easier and give you more control. To learn more, visit our Help Center.

The Dropbox team

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ugh.

If you find any older posts you want to edit new IMG codes into, just let a Mod know and we'll muddle thru it.... PITA, I know...

Hope Photobucket doesnt do similar.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I will be contacting them after a couple days once they have time to digest the change and answer to all the others that have had issues.

alldodge

Staff member
This is my main reason to upload all my pics here and not use the other sites.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I lost all the photos in all my posts using webshots when that went away and moved to photobucket

could always use a google account and use the google share

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
sx_linkage.jpg

Figured how to do it now. Just way more cumbersome.

Once you create the link in dropbox you have to replace the www.dropbox.com part with dl.dropboxusercontent.com and now it works.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
ever notice how many volvo drives are missing their shift covers.......LOL (I assume you have the cover off for linkage inspection or drive oil service)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
ever notice how many volvo drives are missing their shift covers.......LOL (I assume you have the cover off for linkage inspection or drive oil service)
Not on the SX drives. More on the older ones.

I took off the cover for the picture to help someone out on here.