Posting to a thread page doesn't complete refresh. Just says "Working..." at the top

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Posting to a thread page doesn't complete refresh. Just says "Working..." at the top

Like the title says, whenever I make a post to a thread it never completes the page refresh with my new post in it and it just says "Working..." at the top. My post is indeed submitted but the page doesn't refresh correctly. It's like this in all browsers and on my Android tablet. It's been this way for months.

jbcurt00

Staff member
@iboats_tim

Time for a cache flush

Unfortunately, yes its been an occasional problem for a while. Seems late Sun thru midday Tues is worst. Lag from heavy weekend traffic.

Part of the on-going trouble shooting and one of several that are priorities over other known problems. All to hopefully be addressed and resolved soon.

Not in the next week, but soon according to the behind the scenes minions pushing and pulling all the necessary levers and knobs to get (and keep) the forum running better.

EDIT: I have seen the Working ocon a couple of times today, but none were long enough for me to refresh the page. And this ^^^ post, went thru w no Working icon, from my Droid

Re-EDIT: Edit went thru no lag either

Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
I've seen it every time every day since I came back to the forum.

EDIT: For some reason editing a post works perfectly. I made this initial post and it sat at "Working...." for over a minute Before I gave up. Doing this edit though, it saved and refreshed instantly.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
If it lasts more then 2 or 3sec, I usually refresh the page rather then waiting.

It happens every so often, some days more then others, some days the lag takes longer to self resolve, and some weeks it happens more days then others. But it is a concern, is being addressed. If only for its size and heavy traffic, this forum is a complicated thing, so it isnt a quick fix.

Thanks for mentioning the lag. If it occurs frequently, post that it is and the mod team will let admin know. As I did this morning.

And please check your PMs

EDIT: Hit the 3sec working and I refreshed instead of waiting.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've reported this before. Happens 80% of the time for me; on laptop in Chrome and on Android tablet on Chrome. I've walked away and come back hours later and the 'working' is still showing. The post goes thru, but unless refresh or load new tab you won't see it.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
just for fun I left this 'working' since I posted and this morning still 'working'.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
It's always done that to me. I'm in the habit of just hitting my recent posts while it's "working". I just have to remember not to click anything too fast or I get an error message.

Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
Happens to me all the time on a new post. I just wait a few seconds and hit F5.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Something kinda interesting to this.........if I quote another post or edit one of my posts it always completes immediately. No "Working" at all.