What are the orange lines under my name?

southkogs

Staff member
If you hover your cursor/mouse over them, you'll see a reputation statement pop up. Yours currently says "has a spectacular aura about." It's a software feature of VBulletin we really don't use. Frankly, I'm not 100% how it calculates as you go along - but they are entertaining to read if you've not checked them out.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its tied in with the like button stuff in the bottom right. its a VB forum thingy

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Christmas lights that hang all year. LOL

The post Like button and a few other things we haven't figured out cause more lights to hang from the gutter. VB can't explain the things either and have been asked repeatedly.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Christmas lights that hang all year. LOL

The post Like button and a few other things we haven't figured out cause more lights to hang from the gutter. VB can't explain the things either and have been asked repeatedly.

the current crop of techno-nerds at VB do not even understand the base code.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
They are reputation meters...the more quotes of yours that are "quoted" and the the more 'likes" you get; it adds to your reputation. Most of you (ahem) senior fellas are so far beyond repute it's not even funny!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We do know some of the things that add to reputation bars - Liked posts, post counts, quoted posts as well as a few other things I can't recall. This has been learned by observation because VB has not been able to tell us.

Bear in mid - This is coming from a guy who used to be just really nice, had a spectacular aura and used to be splendid to behold. Now just a disputed reputation. :faint:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yea, they have to be meaningless because just like GA_Boater, I have a pukey reputation as well. :eek:

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
It doesn't tell me anything when I hover the mouse over. Maybe that means I don't want to know Haha

gm280

Supreme Mariner
It doesn't tell me anything when I hover the mouse over. Maybe that means I don't want to know Haha

Yes it does. Your's says "has a spectacular aura about", whatever that means. :noidea: