Not being notified

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks for checking, I did get notification of being mentioned. Just prior to this I noticed there were two messages in my inbox which didn't show up in my email. The oldest was about 10 or 11 minutes. Maybe I should have just waited but I have received other emails today, and nothing is in my spam folder

alldodge

Staff member
Just thought of something, I did get the mention email but not the posting on the thread email

alldodge

Staff member
Email for your posting came in at 2:04 so it took a tad under 2 hours, but hey it mad it :D

Fun Times

Staff member
Email for your posting came in at 2:04 so it took a tad under 2 hours, but hey it mad it :D
Just curious AD, Thinking back From one of our past PM conversations reqarding notifications..if I happened to have grabbed a quote from you, do you (or didn't you use to?) get some sort of notification that I included you in a conversation? Forgot how that worked as it seemed odd for some reason. Thanks.

alldodge

Staff member
Just curious AD, Thinking back From one of our past PM conversations reqarding notifications..if I happened to have grabbed a quote from you, do you (or didn't you use to?) get some sort of notification that I included you in a conversation? Forgot how that worked as it seemed odd for some reason. Thanks.

Yes, if my name was mentioned (don't know if it was grab a quote) in the moderator forum area, I was notified. When the link was selected, it came up with a message stating something like It's missing or I don't have authorization to view.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

One of the profile Notification options, FT.

notes.PNG

alldodge

Staff member
Found this early only by logging back in

As before don't know how it happened. The time in question is when I fell off the wagon big time. I let a member get the better of me and made a comment I should not have. FT found the comment and replaced it with something like "this is to snide for iboats". FT did right and I was way wrong in this area. The next day I found several messages in my box with links I could not read (hence the PM's between us).

Since then in my opinion, I have not let this happen again. I did apologies to the person I lashed out on, and all is good. A bit more info then needed, but just info incase the mod's may need to put together

Fun Times

Staff member
Thanks AD and GA for the reminders... I haven't looked around in the profile Notification options area for quite some time now and forgot about those extra settings VB5 gave out as part of the software computer :smash: upgrade? Plus I was on my cell phone earlier today so I didn't do much forum searching around, etc..