Not being notified

alldodge

Staff member
I changed my email address from yahoo to gmail and now there are no notifications. Tried resetting and nothing still happens,

Hey toneeees can ya help

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What could be wrong with a Yahoo account? :facepalm:

Let's try iboats_tim , toneeees has moved on. Tim may not be back to work until Tuesday.

AD - I sent you a PM to see if you get an email notification.

AllDodge should also cause an email if you have the Mention box ticked under Profile Notifications.

alldodge

Staff member
Gave them some time to show up but nothing so far. Use to be even if I selected the link in the message area I would still get an email. Yahoo has been a real pain with all the adds on the right side of the page, been with them since they started at Stanford University. Go figure this fixed the same issue I had at Heavy Equipment Forum, had not been notified since October, but after the change its moved here.

Have not received any PM notifications either

alldodge

Staff member
I read them but nothing on email, and nothing on this one.

GA_Boater

I just played with my non-Mod user and changed to another email from Yahoo. No notifications when sending PM's. Changed it back to Yahoo and it was instantaneous PM notification.

So I'm as confused as you, AllDodge.

Pinging iboats_tim again to look at this.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Check your spam filter by logging in thru webmail

alldodge

Staff member
Haven't done that but it's working now. Have checked the spam folder

GA_Boater

I wonder if it takes time for the new email addy floats to the top of the cache? I was going to reset an email again and see if that is the case, but since it started to work for you, I'll leave well enough alone.

I guess we fixed another one! :rolleyes: LOL

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know, but have found, prior to moving my email I could select a link in the message area before receiving an email notification, and later I would still receive and email. After moving the email, I was getting emails for a brief time then they stopped. All messages selected in the message area never showed up as an email, even if left for hours before selecting.

Just glad it's back to working

GA_Boater

After moving the email to gmail, did the notifications show up on the new gmail or the old Yahoo before stopping?

GA_Boater

BTW, never did get anything from your PM's sent

I'm used to being ignored. :blue:

You did get the red message light, didn't you? Just no notification. Just sent another PM to see if you are getting notice of a PM.

iboats_tim

User
Hey guys, I just ran some maintenance that I'm hoping fixed this. GA_Boater I'm thinking you may be right about it being a cache issue. AllDodge let me know if you get an email for this mention.