Editing Option.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is it possible to restore back the any time editing option used to work moons back at lower page when editing one's own posts, more than one poster would appreciate it..

Happy Boating

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I personally prefer the way it is. If you really need to change something, ask the mods and they will let you edit a post.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You have one hour to edit after the original post.

Think about this - I start a thread or reply to another thread and a day later I realize the post has a typo, some incorrect info or I attached the wrong photo. Since the original post was viewed or replied to by other members, going back and editing that post doesn't really do much because most of us don't look at past posts after reading for the first time. Some threads get many replies in a short period of time and the original post is basically lost in time.

A better way is to quote the post you want to change and make the changes you want. That way the thread is fresher with the latest information you want to provide and that updated post will show up as the newest post in the thread.

Edited posts don't appear as new posts and after time has passed, no one but the editor knows it's been updated. Use the Preview button before posting and proofread after posting, editing as needed within the 1 hour edit window.

aspeck

Staff member
Sea Rider, it was changed because some people would edit their comments after a few, or one, replied. The resulting edit made the follow up posters look like fools.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I personally prefer the way it is. If you really need to change something, ask the mods and they will let you edit a post.

Sort of. A Mod will edit the post for you, within reason. We have had edit requests for posts made 2 and 3 years earlier.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the general clarification, usually are miss typo letter issues which appears on already closed posts, assume it's due to one of 3 : system is playing me tricks, need going to the optometrist or having some senior moments LOL!! Nice to know there's one full hour for a late correction...

Happy Boating