New Members - Welcome To The iBOATS Forum - Introduce Yourself And Say Hello

jpgsr2001

Cadet
Hello all! I FINALLY just figured out how to post here! Thanks for having me! I have read a LOT of your posts and see you are all VERY HELPFUL! I have a 73 mercury thunderbolt 850(85hp) motor on a 73 15' Renken Fiberglass boat. I LOVE the boat but I am having problems. Have posted once and will be again I am sure. If ANYONE knows where I can get a MANUAL for this motor, PLEASE let me know? THANK-YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
:welcome: jpgsr.

I saw you started a thread about the Merc and asked about a manual. You'll get some help there.

Glad to pipe you aboard.

Dory guy

Recruit
Hello I'm new to posting. I need help just bought a Clipper craft 1991 26ft boat and the paint is peeling off and it looks like there is the seams along the whole or popping out or the filler is in the between them or the seam sealer in some areas and I do have pictures the boat I will take some this afternoon and I just kind of wondering if anybody's got experience or know some subscribers that do or on fixing the boat in the cabins got quite a bit of rot on the roof part of it and then just stares and I think the whole boat needs to be stripped of paint and you know cleaned and fixed seems lot of screws there fillers have popped out.

Dory guy

jpgsr2001

Cadet
:welcome: jpgsr.

I saw you started a thread about the Merc and asked about a manual. You'll get some help there.

Glad to pipe you aboard.
Thank-YOU GA_Boater! I am HOPING to find a DOWNLOADABLE Manual, no luck yet but I am HOPEFUL! Thanks for the Welcome, Looks like a NICE, Knowledgable group of folks here! I look forward to getting AND GIVING advice here. I know some things but NOT others, Thats where we can ALL help one another, Different expeirences, Different situations, Have a GREAT DAY!

Kanobrega

Cadet
Hello, first time boat owner, made a classic goof in buying before really understanding about rotten transoms and stringers. Thankfully, looks like there's plenty of help around here. Appreciate the hosts! 1978 Chrysler Sport Sattelite, Chrysler 75 HP.

GA_Boater

Welcome to the forum.

You found us the same way many of us did. Bought the boat and then thought what the heck did I do? LOL

I see you started a thread on stringers and transom repair. We try our best to help and good luck on keeping an old Chrysler on the water.

rriggle2

Recruit
May be long, Not my first rodeo or boat. Owned several in my lifetime. Just purchased 2016 G3 (Suncatcher) V20FC with F90LA. Does not perform close to Yamaha performance spec sheet so here goes. First ran boat with wife and I got 25MPH 5800 wot. 3 hours later could not get over 18.2 MPH, 4800wot. Boat in shop for 3 weeks and was a collapsed air filter. Next run was with addition of two more adults and three small teens, 19.2MPH, 5800wot. Just installed a 13 1/2X15 prop and ran with wife and I 25.2MPH, 5700wot. Original prop was 13 5/8X14. Just purchased a 13 1/4X17 for next experiment. and tomorrow looking for some underskinning. Will try to post all updates to speed and wot changes with the boat changes being made. Yamaha states it will do 29.2 mph, 6000wot.

GA_Boater

Welcome aboard, RR.

You should start a thread of your own over in the prop section. The guys over there will help you out.

Hello everybody!

I am brand new to the forum, to boating, and to boat ownership.

I bought an 83 Sun Runner bowrider with a Mercruiser 120 and an Alpha One outdrive for a deal and it wasn't until I got home that I started asking myself what the heck I've gotten myself into but I am somewhat mechanically inclined and always up for a learning experience so it should be fun to see what this boat has to throw at me!

I'm located in Chowchilla, CA in the central valley about 20 minutes south of Merced and about 45 minutes north of Fresno.

I look forward to learning a lot here on the forum and hopefully even being able to give a little input here and there!

GA_Boater

Welcome to the forum, Huck.

Saw your thread about frozen steering, We've all made choices about our toys that we question later. LOL

I'm an outboard guy, but someone will be along give you some advice about the steering.

Thank you!

Yeah it won't be the end of the world heck I got this right as the season ended so now I've got all winter to work on this thing and get her purring again.

I'm sure with all of the knowledge here somebody will be able to help me out.

Janster

Cadet
Greetings Everyone! New member and new boat owner!! In July, my husband and I bought our first boat - Bass Tracker 175txw w/60 prop. From Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Been out on the water every weekend since!! We both have our PA Boater Safety certificates and take boating /safety seriously. I found this forum - while purchasing a spare prop. LOL Let?s hope we never need it..... Our area is what I consider the ?over-fished mecca? of the world. Not a lot of areas to fish yet a gazillion fisherman. Within a 1 hour radious - we have the Susquehanna River & all its boat eating boulder fields, and a lot of electric only lakes. Things come naturally to my husband... For me - not so much. I?m trying to get more comfortable (and better) with backing the truck/trailer and driving the boat onto the trailer. Lots to learn!! And at the same time - learning our local waters and how to fish. We have all the tools.....but need to learn how to use ?em. My luck fishing hasn?t been the best and I know I can?t cast accurately to save my butt......lol

We love the boat - it?s been a lot of fun!! Trying to gather up and brush up on all the maintenance requirements - as we enjoy doing that ourselves.
The elusive hunt for the fish - we?re so glad we didn?t buy anything smaller. Actually, the boat just fits in the garage!! LOL
Thank you for listening ! I look forward to researching and gaining experience from your input!!
:)

radiorich

Cadet
I am new to the site and posted about a problem with my Mercury outboard several days ago. I think there is something I did wrong because I am not getting any riplies. Also, I never find my post when looking at recent posts. What is the icon next to each post mean? All of them are blue except mine. I think I may have posted or signed up wrong. Rich

southkogs

Staff member
Hey Rich, welcome aboard. It's there - just not much activity. I bumped it for ya' to see if we can get something going.

Welcome aboard.

GA_Boater

Hi Rich. :welcome: aboard.

In an active forum like Merc/Mariner outboards, new threads tend to be pushed down from the top quickly. SK's bump moved it up to the top, so it's more visible for members to see.

If you had a old motor like mine, I would offer some help. But with some of the newfangled stuff, I'm lost. Hope you get some help from someone who does know.

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Didn’t realize there was a new member thread. Or I would of dropped a post here first. My name is Sean. I’m from Pennsylvania. I have spent most of my time on the water mostly fishing in a 12 foot flat bottom Jon boat with a Mercury 9.9 outboard. Until this late August when I purchased my first big boat a 1984 Galaxy Conquest Cuddy. We named her “Keeping It Reel”. Since then I haven’t done much fishing. After using her for about 5 weekends in a row she was winterized and now after finding some issues she is under restoration. I stated a thread in the Restoration Forum. I will be posting updates there as I move forward.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...-it-was-coming

GA_Boater

Welcome aboard, Sean.

Many of us find the forum after buying a boat and finding issues needing answers. Hope yours are small and easy to take care of.