New Members - Welcome To The iBOATS Forum - Introduce Yourself And Say Hello

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the Boating Forums sponsored by iBOATS.com, Your Trusted Source on the water.

Say a few words about what you are looking for, need help with or just say hello. We will do our best to lend a hand.

Thanks for joining the best boating site on the Internet.

Moberly bob

Recruit
Hello guys im new to this site and have a question about winterizing the live wells on my 2013 tracker Pro V Guide 175. How do I drain the pumps and possibly add some rv antifreeze so the lines do not freeze.

ckleist

Recruit
Motor Dies

Did you figure out what the cause of the problem was? The exact same thing has happened to me from a motor I just bought. It's a 1977 Johnson 15 hp. When I open it up runs alright for a couple minutes then when I back half way-3/4 down it shits off and very difficult to start back up. Carb clean kit work? Fuel pump?

Doctor Hvac

Recruit
Hello

I didn't notice a new member introduction thread so thought I'd say hello here. I hope thats okay.
About me, new to boating. I own a 1992 17' Bass Tracker with 25hp outboard and a 1986 Wellcraft 19.5' Elite 185 with the infamous 3.7 170hp inline 4 cylinder.
Thanks for having me.

GA_Boater

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Doctor Hvac

Welcome aboard, Doctor Cool.

We do have an Intro thread. It's new and I'll this move into that thread.

Sorry you have a 470 - Some of our members swear by them, others swear at them. LOL

I didn't notice a new member introduction thread so thought I'd say hello here. I hope thats okay.
About me, new to boating. I own a 1992 17' Bass Tracker with 25hp outboard and a 1986 Wellcraft 19.5' Elite 185 with the infamous 3.7 170hp inline 4 cylinder.
Thanks for having me.

Last edited:

Doctor Hvac

Recruit
Doctor Hvac

Welcome aboard, Doctor Cool.

We do have an Intro thread. It's new and I'll this move into that thread.

Sorry you have a 470 - Some of our members swear by them, others swear at them. LOL

I'm used to it. Many swear by and adversely at the 6.0 diesel which original design flaw supposedly oil intercooler, head studs, etc.
At an upgraded to 500 hp on that motor and now at 150k miles, zero issues.
Im not here to hear about whether or not or who or who does not like the 3.7. Mines original at 30 years old and still running.
Thanks for moving my post to correct section.

GA_Boater

Hey Doc - I'm not going to say anything bad about your 470. As long it works for you, that's all that matters. :D

Doctor Hvac

Recruit
Hey Doc - I'm not going to say anything bad about your 470. As long it works for you, that's all that matters. :D

Not much anyone can say. Boat has new flooring with new carpet, new transom, all original 30 year old motor which has never had a major failure, just heard from boat mechanic cause im having a few preventative maintenance items addressed and upgrades (electronic ignition, fuel water seperator installed, etc.) and he can't believe how strong the boat and motor are, said its like new. He offered to buy boat, he can kiss it. :)

ATXastro

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, I'm a new member and new to the boating world. I've started off rough here with an 87 Webbcraft with several problems, but this site has been invaluable. Shout out to everyone who takes their time to respond to questions and give input. That is what makes the internet such a wonderful thing !...and what allows a noob like me to enter the complex world of boat knowledge !

GA_Boater

:welcome: ATXastro.

Someday you will be helping from what you learn here. We have a bunch of good folks.

hidesertwheelin

Recruit
New guy here. Our family bought a vacation home in Lake Havasu, and I'm here doing some research before we buy our first boat.

svmariah

Recruit
Hi there, I'm working on my 1982 Evinrude 9.9hp outboard, trying to get it back to reliable working status. Will post some questions in a relevant forum. Cheers, Ingrid

GA_Boater

Welcome to the forum, Ingrid.

You're in the right spot on the InterWeb to get help for your Evinrude. The folks over in the Johnson/Evinrude section will help you out.