Messages tab says i have messages when I don't

bscappell

Petty Officer 2nd Class
this isn't something new BUT I have kind of grown tired of it. the Messages tab next to my user name tab at the top of the screen always lists 4 messages in red. It will list more if i actually have unread ones but never less. I have no messages or notification in my dashboard. any way to clear that out?

Attachments

• photo253236.jpg
    photo253236.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0

iboats_tim

User
Hey bscappell, I'm going to run some maintenance tonight that might help with this issue. I'll check back in here once I run things and see if if it worked.

iboats_tim

User
Forgot to run this last night! I don't want to run it during the day because I have a feeling it might slow things down here. Tonight!

iboats_tim

User
Hey bscappell, I cleaned up some of the private message data last night and I'm hoping it might clear up your issue. Let me know if anything changed for you.

bscappell

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey bscappell, I cleaned up some of the private message data last night and I'm hoping it might clear up your issue. Let me know if anything changed for you.

Sorry took a little while to notice the messages. For some reason I'm not receiving emails alerts on new posts or messages...... Lol
I would like to say it helped..... But it didn't still 4 tmessages in read.... Ugh!

Fed

Commander
FWIW I've found that my Android tablet running Chrome doesn't remove the messages when 'read' or 'dismissed' but my computer running Chrome on XP does.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Can you post a snip of this part of your Message Center?

messctr.PNG

bscappell

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

there you be.

Attachments

• photo254056.png
    photo254056.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

I wonder if it's something in 4 of the 35 Posts? Maybe 4 new posts in subscribed threads?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
messages have been deleted used cc cleaner to make sure browsers were cleaned flushed memory still the inbox previews are there, even from months ago that I deleted the messages

GA_Boater

CCleaner has nothing to do with forum messages.

Empty the trash folder, see if that makes a difference. See if you have any unread subscribed posts pending.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ok just to explain cc cleaner totally cleans my browsers including things you cant clean typically from the tools , that's why I mentioned I have totally cleaned it , as far as message center goes I have emptied trash and removed all messages however they still appearing in the previews.

GA_Boater

I use CCleaner as well, so I'm familiar with it.

Do you have any numbers beside the inbox?