Question about posting comments

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I am not sure if others have seen or are affected by this, but seems random when I go to post a comment, I get one of two options. If I misspell a word, and that IS a given every time with me, I either get a correction suggestion drop down menu, OR I get nothing but a copy and print drop down option. And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason which one shows up at any given time. Have others experienced this, or am I the lone ranger with this? :noidea:

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
I dunno. I've never typed anything misspelled or made any mistakes ...... :rolleyes: Grandad

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
if you quote a post, the spell check doesn't work. known issue with base VB code.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I am not sure if others have seen or are affected by this, but seems random when I go to post a comment, I get one of two options. If I misspell a word, and that IS a given every time with me, I either get a correction suggestion drop down menu, OR I get nothing but a copy and print drop down option. And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason which one shows up at any given time. Have others experienced this, or am I the lone ranger with this? :noidea:

Speelchek doesn't work if using quote and a few other post options. I often see a menu for Paste and Add Table when right clicking on a misspelled word. If doing a plain reply, spell check works fine.

This is a known VB feature that corrupts spell checking. :blue: I don't know what the current VB fix status is for this, it's been reported since VB 5 was released. It worked perfect before VB 5.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the replies everybody. If I didn't use spell check, can you just imagine what efforts it would take to read my gibberish? Heck, I usually can't read one of my old posts without scratching my head. But technical people aren't supposed to know how to spell are they? :noidea:

Now if I were only a technical person. :facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have never had that problem, I know my browser catches spelling errors and underlines them in red but I have not seen that happen in my forum software I run for my chat systems, I don't have a script in my VB code to do that, because I don't have a dictionary database on my server of the correct spellings of words.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have never had that problem, I know my browser catches spelling errors and underlines them in red but I have not seen that happen in my forum software I run for my chat systems, I don't have a script in my VB code to do that, because I don't have a dictionary database on my server of the correct spellings of words.

Yea MTboatguy, I use to have so many words misspelled until I corrected my dictionary. Now very few words misspelled. :stupid: