New to forum, wont let me post & has kick me out occassionally/signed out

blowtorch

Recruit
Hi, new to the site & forum. First, is there a limit of words/space that be used for questions posted? Second, don't understand why have been kicked out several times when trying to post question & even reviewing other threads.

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi there, welcome to iboats!

Did you happen to click on the "Remember Me Box" while signing in using your username and password? If the Remember Me Box didn't get clicked, the system will lose track of you as you move-about the forum. How to ask a question / Create New Topic

Also while this shouldn't be an issue due to you being able to create this topic but just in case, During the registration process, did you return to your email account and click through the automated confirmation email sent to you by iboats? If not and you don't see the email, be sure to check your spam folder for the emial as well as we recently had a member miss seeing their sent email due to the email being in the spam folder.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard, blowtorch.

Checked your status and you are all set up.

As FT said, make sure Remember Me is checked when you log in or after 5-10 minutes of inactivity, an automatic log off occurs.

So if you are starting a new topic or even viewing topics, if you get up to get a drink or use the head, after the 5-10 minutes of inactivity, you are logged off.

On the forum limits, there are a couple if things;
  • A new member needs to make 3 posts before message attachments are enabled. After your 4th post you can add photos and other attachments.
  • A new member needs to make a certain number of posts before participating in polls. I think the current restriction is more than 5 posts.
  • We have a limit of 6 attachments per post.

So Click"Remember Me" the next time you log in so you have an uninterrupted visit. When you leave the forum for the day, don't log off and the next time you come back no log in is needed because you will be remembered.

Hope this helps.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
5 posts before participating in polls, hmmmmm that must be my problem!
:D