Avatar showing up as the wrong image

tpenfield

Staff member
I noticed this morning that my avatar icon comes up as a different image on some, but not all, of the posts. The icon is correct on my profile ( thunderbird emblem) but on some posts shows as a set of engine parts.

Database Indexing issue perhaps?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
we could change it to this:
screaming_chicken_detail_grande.png

just busting your chops Ted

alldodge

Staff member
For the last few months I don't see very many avatars here on iboats. There mostly blank like yours and scotts. Here is what I see when looking at a list

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I see the avatars, its the signatures that are inconsistently missing when I view forums/threads/posts

currently running Windows 10 / Firefox at work, Windows 7 / firefox on one home computer, and Windows XP and firefox on the other home computer.

maybe toneeees can take a look?

iboats_tim

User
jbcurt00 I'll run some maintenance on avatars and see if that fixes the issue. I'll run that late tonight since I have a feeling it will cause some hiccups while running.

Fun Times

Staff member
jbcurt00 I'll run some maintenance on avatars and see if that fixes the issue. I'll run that late tonight since I have a feeling it will cause some hiccups while running.
iboats_tim just so you're aware, this has been a small ongoing issue since April 4 2016...avatar photo missing

I still can't see many of them today so thank you for looking further into this one too, good luck.:encouragement:.

Fun Times

Staff member
The job ran really quickly....hopefully not too quickly to not fix anything?

Fun Times tpenfield any improvements?
Thanks for trying Tim but nope, I still can not see, tpenfield, Scott Danforth, jbcurt00, achris, Bob_VT and many more...

I can see yours, AllDodge's, mine,GA_Boater's and a few others out on the open forum though.... The reason I believe this might be happening is due to whatever happen back on roughly 4/4/16 when most (not all) went missing, the members that may have reinstated an updated avatar photo since then is now showing, those that haven't updated a photo possibly due to they may not know it's missing from certain members view due to (if) they can see their own such as Mikeopsycho went through in the topic I posted on post # 7. He (or I) couldn't see his unless/until he updated.

alldodge

Staff member
Ted for me yours is still missing, I see Fun Times and iboats_Tim on this page

iboats_tim

User
Fun Times can you try refreshing your cache (control + F5) and see if that does anything? I can see everyone's avatars just fine but I first visited the forums after whatever potentially happened in April. I wondering if these blank or incorrect avatars from that April incident got cached in people's browsers? Let me know if refreshing the cache does anything.