Not authorized to view this page

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
For the last 2 days I have received an error on one of my new notifications. It is for Funny TLC needed boat ads on Craigslist. The error is: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin.

This has happened every now and then for other notifications. Any clue why this occurs?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When I've gotten that message, it's usually after logging in and forgetting to click the remember me box.

Were you trying to post in the thread?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I was logged in and did click the remember me button. I was trying to read the newest post. In the past the error has gone away after a few days. If I just search for Funny TLC I can read it that way. Just another step to take. Maybe just a glitch in the system. No biggee...

CV16

Chief Petty Officer
I have been getting the same thing. It's not just you.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Yeah, I could get to it the regular way, but when it showed up in my messages, it was unauthorized.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Today TLC was in my notifications and it worked fine. Go figure.:facepalm:

Tnstratofam

Commander
I have had the same problem periodically with a few different threads I subscribe to. Funny TLC, Starcraft on Ebay/Craigslist, Gardening, and some resto threads I follow.

I think it has only happened from my notification/messages page, but there may have been a few times it has happened when I tried to look at threads I'm not subscribed to as well.

It is sporadic and my work around has been to go to find the thread in question through its respective forum or under todays posts and read it there.

I just figured either a mod was checking for something or the thread in question had to many people trying to view it at the same time.:noidea:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just wanted to see if it was the TLC thread or others. It sounds like it isn't the thread with the authorization problem, but something in the VBulletin notification coding. Might be a bug in that section of code - iboats_tim

iboats_tim

User
Hey GA_Boater, I'm wondering if this is just another glitch for our current version of VB. Since I want to upgrade in the next couple weeks let's see if that solves the problem.