Instrument Panel Question for Pontoon Boats

Sdawn

Recruit
I am a new (and inexperienced :) 2009 Sylvan Pontoon Boat owner. Are all instrument console panels interchangeable for pontoon boats? Our local marine store has a generic console panel but I'm not sure if I can install it on my sylvan pontoon boat...silly question? (Not to me :) thanks!

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Sdawn.

As a rule instruments, remotes and helms are all supplied rigging, so you can replace them with what you like. Things like dash consoles, pedestals, and formed pieces may be something kinda' specific.

I think the answer to your question is "yes," but a picture or two may help confirm that.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Tachometers, fuel gauges, trim gauges, speedometers, voltmeters, temperature gauges, and water pressure gauges for outboards are all very generic. The only gauge that has a connection to the engine electrics is a tachometer, trim and temperature. Water pressure gauges (if you have one) is mechanical just like the speedometer. I suppose you can lump the voltmeter in that group as well but it does not necessarily connect to the engine but rather the electrical system for the boat via the engine electrical harness.