no response to e-mail from iboats marketing dept.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
My apologies if this shouldn't be posted here. I got an on-line quote for a Powerwinch 912 from iboats for $442.06 plus $140.18 shipping to BC, Canada. I used the 'contact us' function to e-mail a question asking if the quoted shipping includes all taxes, duties, and any other fees, as I don't want to get stuck with a surprise additional bill. Iboats has not responded as of yet, and it's been a few days. Can anyone answer this for me? Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Mike - In a case like this it's best to call. Emails are easily missed and if other questions come up, you end up with an endless, time consuming back and forth exchange.

All the times I've called, the CSR's are pretty good about answering my questions. The one extra fee that I've read about in posts by other Canadians is an added handling fee by UPS. I don't know how the duties, etc. are handled. Give 'em a call.

toneeees

Administrator
With the season picking up faster than expected, our customer service team that handles emails has been jam packed. I'd recommend calling in to get the fastest response.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Update. I got an answer in my email this morning, although it's kind of vague. It says this SHOULD be the total amount I pay, and if there are any problems to let them know. I think that for the 20 or 30 bucks I might save by ordering online, I'll just get my local marina to bring one in. That way there will be no surprise costs at the border.