Button missing?

Fed

Commander
I've noticed the 'subscribe' button missing in threads, any ideas?

jbcurt00

Staff member
What topics?

If you mean a general forum, like Engine/motors, no, there isnt a subscribe option for the forum catagories, just topics.

This topic has a subscribe button on my end, does this 1 on your end?

Fed

Commander
I should add that I'm subscribed to a lot of threads maybe 100? Poor housekeeping on my part.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Try zooming the screen OUT hit control and the minus key at the same time

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It looks like your aren't signed in, but then you couldn't post.

What machine and browser are you using?

Gonna call for help on this one, Fed. toneeees

Fed

Commander
Found the culprit, ... Adblock Plus.

Looks like I'll have to whitelist iboats or something.

GA_Boater

That's interesting. I use ABP and other than no ads, I see no difference in the forum display. What did Alice say? "most curious"

What browser, Fed?

subs abp.PNG

Fed

Commander
I'm using chrome GA with ABP set on the installed defaults.

I tried it a few of times, with ABP off the subscribe button is there and with ABP on the subscribe button disappears.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yup, AB will knock out the subscribe button if you accept the default install, you have to white list buttons and such sometimes.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I didn't know Chrome and ABP acted differently. My freshly loaded default Chrome extension with the Subscribe button. Is there an undated ABP for Chrome?

chrome abp.PNG

Fed

Commander
There's a manual update button for ABP but it makes no difference, I guess you already found that one.
My ABP is only a week old, just giving it a try out to see if I like it.

GA_Boater

Is your Chrome up to date. Fed? Click the 3 bars in the upper right corner and if it's up to date, you won't see Update Google Chrome in the list.

I seldom use Chrome, so I added the Chrome ABP extension yesterday just before posting the last pic.

Fed

Commander
Update wasn't in the list but I went to help>about google chrome and did a manual update, still no subscribe button.

Google chrome is discontinuing support for XP soon anyway so I could be back on Firefox soon.
I only changed from Firefox to Chrome because I found Chrome to be noticeably faster and at the time casting from Chrome to Chromecast was easy.

Fed

Commander
Another thing I noticed is the number of adds blocked on this page, my ABP blocks 11 and from what I can see your ABP blocks 2 or 20 something.

GA_Boater

Chromecast is the only time I use Chrome.

If I go to another forum page, the 2 fades and when the page finishes loading, the 2 comes back. Clicking on the ABP logo shows 2 blocks for any iboats forum page and and increasing total under the 2.

I wonder what why the big difference between 2 and 11.

Lets try this - Disable ABP for this page only and refresh to see what 11 ads you have. I;ll do the same here.

Fed

Commander
I started this time with 10 ads being blocked then I disabled ABP and then refreshed.
From what I can see I got approx 5 extra ads plus the subscribe button.