Corrections?

Fed

Commander
I was typing in a thread and as usual I had to fix some typos before posting then the trouble started.
I couldn't place the curser into my typed text without it hilighting a letter or a space and when I tried to type it was deleting the previously typed stuff as it went.
I'm sure there is an option to do this in text editors but never seen it as a default in a forum before?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It might be hard to believe, but the forum has no editor. It's your browser editor, Fed. I have the same occasional issue with Firefox. What browser are you using?

Fed

Commander
I'm using chrome on XP GA.
Never had this happen before now on any forum.

Just gave this post a try & the first time I clicked in text I'd already written it highlighted a letter, then I clicked gain & the curser appeared at it used to.

Edit: Guess I'll wait for a chrome update eh?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I think the reason it highlights is the cursor is moving slightly as the left mouse button is pressed. Setting the mouse pointer to be a little bit less sensitive could help. Pointer speed and precision can be changed through the Windows Control Panel. It's s free test anyway. :joyous:

Fed

Commander
It's good that you understand what's happening GA, I was afraid my post wouldn't make any sense.
It seems to have corrected itself for the moment.

GA_Boater

Hope it's gone for good, Fed. Except when you need to highlight. :smile: