Thread opening

southkogs

Staff member
I had no idea the F5 key was what was meant when it was suggested to refresh the page. I've been looking all over the place for the refresh button and was beginning to think I must be going blind.
... sorry Cat. In Safari, the circular arrow in the URL bar at the top of the page is the refresh. Just click it and it reloads the page.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
... sorry Cat. In Safari, the circular arrow in the URL bar at the top of the page is the refresh. Just click it and it reloads the page.

Could you post a screen shot of the circular arrow you're talking about, I'll be darned if I can find that either.

In the mean time I've been trying the other suggestions and at least on my computer it doesn't seem like the F5 key does anything as far as I can tell but the breadcrumb link does work to refresh the page.

southkogs

Staff member
If you're on a Mac, all F5 should do in Safar is is dim your screen :) "F" or function keys on the Mac don't work the same as they do on Windows machines (though I had to test it out a bit to make sure I was right about that).

Refresh "button" is circled in red at the top of each screen shot. Here for Safari on the Mac:

REFRESH 1.png

And here for Safari the iPad/iOS:

REFRESH 2.png

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Since we're showing off Refreshes, here are the other major browsers. Except for Chrome, the Refresh is at the end of the Address Bar. I think just about all browsers use the circular arrow icon for Refresh, just a matter of finding it.

Internet Explorer;

ie ref.PNG

Chrome;

chr ref.PNG

Firefox;

ff ref.PNG

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
Aw geez, I feel like an idiot! I was looking for the refresh arrow on the iboats page and not all the way at the top of the screen.

Thanks a bunch guys and my apologies to the OP if it seems that I hijacked the thread.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The wet noodles are ready for the flogging at Noon! :D

Not really off topic, more like an related extension. :smile: