Aphid Attack!

MRS

Commander
Garden going good but now full of aphids! Did spray them last night with soapy water but when I got home from work today still looks the same.
Any ideas welcome....

alldodge

Staff member
We don't have much issue here from Aphid's because of all the lady bugs. The Forrest service let millions of them loose years ago and the only draw back is they are everywhere in the spring and fall. They crawl into every crack and bed down, soon as it starts to heat up there all over the walls, even in the house. We get the vacuum and suck them up

MRS

Commander
Just let 500 ladybugs loose in the garden hope that helps. Sounds like the only thing that will get rid of the little suckers, Thanks for the advice...:joyous:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Will it also work on ants? Now also have a ton of little black ants everywhere. :mad:

I wish. I wish something enjoyed eating fire ants. I would give them a great place to live if they ate them up. I even thought about getting an ate eater. But I don't have but a little over an acre and I don't think the ant eater would be satisfied just eating in my yard... Ummm, maybe a side business renting the ant eater out... :decision:

foodfisher

Captain
Will it also work on ants? Now also have a ton of little black ants everywhere. :mad:
They're after one of two things, food or water. Eliminate source of both. I had a squeeze bottle of
poo's honey in the pantry they discovered. Had a crowded highway of ants that led me straight to it.

MRS

Commander
The ants kicked out the ladybugs attacked they as soon as land in the garden on the leaves.:mad:
Now I am on the seek and destroy Ant mission!:plane: Beets the only thing the ant's and aphid's leave alone.
gm280 might have to rent the ant eater from you.:welcoming:

MRS

Commander
MT, Thanks will give that a try I did put out some ant bait and did have to spray a little bit of vegtable pestcaside. Seems to be helping.