Nascar Race #19 - Cup and X-Men at New Hampshire

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Head to the far Northlands for the next race - The Cup 5-Hour Energy 301 on Sunday and the X-Men Lakes Region 200 on Saturday at Loudon, NH. K&N Pro Series East and Whelen Modified Tour are running support races, as well. Here is the schedule of events from MRN;
nh.PNG

The Cup race has 44 entries, with Reed Sorenson on the bubble if qualifying is cancelled and he must qualify on speed to stay at the track for the weekend. Missing from the usual entry list is Josh Wise and Brendon Gaughan. Wise has parted ways with the Premium Motorsports #98 team and, for the last time, Gaughan is gone. He also left Premium, after driving the #62. Sorenson is jumping into the #62.

Since weather has been a talking point the past few races, lets see what's up in the heavens;
nhwx.PNG

Through late Friday, we're OK and should get Cup qualifying in. Saturday doesn't look so good and is so-so on Sunday. Please Mother Nature, let these races run!

News and Notes
  • This week, Monday-Wednesday featured 2 days of tire testing and 1 day of open testing for some teams at Michigan.
  • Nascar continues to tinker with the aero packages. Indy and the upcoming Michigan race will have an aero package which is different than the package run at Kentucky, which the driver say they like. This makes three different packages. Didn't I hear them talk about holding down costs for the teams? Maybe I was dreaming about the off-season cost-cutting changes. :confused:
  • More tinkering - Indy and Michigan will use superspeedway style qualifying, the same rules that debuted at the last Talladega race. The reason given is the high down force aero set-up is harder to control in traffic. So don't let them wreck in qualifying, save it for the race. Nascar is really confusing me. :noidea: What is going through their minds.
  • Kevin Harvick is the first driver to clinch a spot in the Chase after finishing 8th in the Kentucky race.
  • I mentioned this a few weeks ago - Furniture Row is aiming to add a 2nd team for the '17 season. Maybe as early as next year, but really doubtful for '16.
  • Danica and Jr. are feuding. Actually Danica is feuding with Dale Jr. after he bumped her in the last race because of his lack of brakes. Or so he says. :rolleyes:
iboats Fantasy Live
64osby is our latest weekly winner at Kentucky. He picked up his fourth :first: of the season. Congrats, 64.
We had a change in the overall leaderboard. With his 2nd place finish, FlaCowboy pole vaulted over to aspeck to take the lead.​
Make your changes before the race starts on Sunday and good luck to all.

HumptyDumpty_Boater

Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Oh, Danica is being a baby! I have watch Jr. for a long time now and I really don't ever remember him wrecking somebody on purpose!

GA_Boater

Danica's frustrations are showing. No sponsor next year and no contract with SHR yet have her chomping at the bit. And she is a feisty one anyway. :)

GA_Boater

I'm slipping. :doh:

Qualifying results from yesterday - Carl Edwards is on the pole followed by Logano, Ragan, Busch, Hamlin, Busch, Johnson, Kenseth, Kahne, Keselowski, McMurray, and Harvick. Reed Sorenson didn't make it and is going home.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Who has Hamlin on their Fantasy Team...? After what Hamlin did to Austin today Hamlin might end up in the wall tomorrow :D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Who has Hamlin on their Fantasy Team...? After what Hamlin did to Austin today Hamlin might end up in the wall tomorrow :D

I don't think so if Grandpa has his say, Dennie said it all today, bring it on, I have nothing to loose, I have a win and am in the chase, you're not!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Danica's frustrations are showing. No sponsor next year and no contract with SHR yet have her chomping at the bit. And she is a feisty one anyway. :)

Maybe that will help get her butt in gear(a couple of puns there...Lol) and start driving and have a little more success I honestly want her to do well in Cup. I just don't see it happening.....

GA_Boater

Ya gotta watch to root for Jeb. :eyebrows:

He's only 2 laps down.

sam60

Captain
I was on Skype with my son awhile ago and told him I was watching the race.

He's never been a race fan but I reminded him that he was born on a Saturday and home on a Sunday in time to see his 1st race on my lap.

He asked me what race it was and I had no idea....he googled it. North Wilkesboro 9-30-90. #3 won. We had a bulky VHS camera at the time.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What a cheat!!!! Guess somebody decided they wanted a yellow! Threw their water bottle on the track, Come on, I agree with the commentators, every part on those cars that can be thrown out the window should have the car number on it!

GA_Boater

A couple of years I watched Keso push a chunk of foam through the window net on the in-car cam, causing a yellow. What happened? Nuttin'!