6:45 am today...

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
I pulled out of where I was pulling out of this morning , onto a usually busy street. I immediately smelled an obnoxious odor that I am familiar with , but couldn't name at the time. That is when I saw the smoke billowing out of the trailer wheels of the boat being towed in the lane to my right as I approached the red light at the intersection. I was able to pull along side of the truck and motion for the driver to roll down his window. I informed him that there was smoke coming from the wheels on his trailer. He was towing an expensive looking wake surfing tow boat. After the light turned green, I pulled in front of him and motioned ( my arm sticking out of my window ) to follow me into the first street on our right. He followed me , and we both pulled over . We both got out to see what his trouble was. I had figured that his brakes were stuck closed on his trailer, so I looked at his coupler to see if it was electric or surge. It was electric. I asked him if he had a controller in the cab of his truck,...he said "what ?". I looked at his trailer wiring connector,... he had a flat 5 plugged into a flat four. As I was at the coupler , I also noticed that he had his safety chains wrapped over the TOP of the coupler. Oh jeeez.... I thought. Then I noticed that he did not have the coupler pin in place either. I took the time to explain how to rig his safety chains , why,and advised him to go directly to a well known hitch installer , (begins with a U and an H) to have an electronic brake controller installed. I sincerely hope he did....

64osby

Admiral
Sounds like another case of more money than brains.:facepalm: