Nascar - Daytona #2 - Coke Zero 400 - Race #17

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
G-W-C coming up. Jr and JJ are 1-2. Can they make 2 clean laps?

GA_Boater

Austin Dillon ended up in an upside down pile of junk and really tore up the catch fence and the motor was ripped out. Dillon walked away.

Wait 'til you see the replay and the guy standing inside the fence with all the debris flying at him. I think it all missed him.

GA_Boater

FlaCowboy snatched victory from the jaws of defeat with the wreck just before the finish line.

Fun Times

Staff member
Wow, driver of car # 3 looks lucky to still be alive and to walk away from that is nothing short of being a miracle.

Sounds like three people may have been hit by debris.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

It fell apart pretty good. Just saw a slo-mo and the #2 slammed into the #3 while it was spinning upside down. They haven't said about how serious the injuries to the 3 fans are, yet. Hope they are minor.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
They have stated the fans are okay, and it looks like Austin is okay well. I am not a fan of the Dillion brothers, I I hope I never seen another race driver hurt and that was a darn scary crash and I hope he is okay, but I can bet ya, he is going to be stiff in the morning.

64osby

Admiral
Dale worked hard for that one.

A. Dillon sure took a ride. Nascar car safety systems sure did a great job for him.

What a mess at the end.

Glad everyone including the fans walked away.

Liked the shot of the motor sitting on the grass,

WIMUSKY

Staff member
GA?:horn::attention::sleep::ranger:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

GA?:horn::attention::sleep::ranger:

The life of an erstwhile racing reporter is tough. :stupid:

I was heading off to the sack so many times,but didn't make it until the final spin of the Dillon top. They said only 3 of the 27 cars on the track avoided the stack up and take off.

I may have prematurely given Cowboy credit for the win early this morning. We'll have to wait until tomorrow before FL sorts out the final positions. Dillon's motor may have beat some of the other cars to the finish line.

Back a few posts, I said about the guy behind the fence with Dillon flying at him - Here is a fan video with him in the first few seconds. Lucky guy.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Dillion flew over cars from the inside line and into the fence, that I've never seen............... Even after all that, his time was obviously not up..... I'd be on my hands and knees....... Can you imagine if 2 guys were killed in the #3?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Dillion flew over cars from the inside line and into the fence, that I've never seen............... Even after all that, his time was obviously not up..... I'd be on my hands and knees....... Can you imagine if 2 guys were killed in the #3?

I am sure Dale Sr. was riding on his shoulder last night, bruise tail bone and arm is his only injuries.

GA_Boater

Kyle Larson had a good one in the N-Wide race in Feb. 2013 when the engine went through the fence into the seats. His started about the center lane. Dillon did a barrel roll.

2 in the #3 at Daytona - Unthinkable! Fortunately the timing of his spinning and Keso hitting was just right, in the passenger trunk. Another 180 spin would have a worse outcome. Richard Childress should have retired the #3. He's not showing Dale Sr. much respect IMHO.

GA_Boater

With a bruised tailbone, he's gonna have trouble sitting a car, let alone a race car for a while.