Old Faithful

Tyme2fish

Commander
It's been a while since I've posted anything here at iboats. Guess my life has been pretty boring lately. Here's a recent event that occurred at our house.
[h=2]Old Faithful[/h] There is no need for us to travel to Wyoming to witness the eruption of Old Faithful. We experienced it right in our own kitchen.

Mrs.Tyme started yelling and screaming and I ran as fast as I could to discover her distress. The hot water handle on our kitchen sink faucet had blown off and Old Faithful was spewing forth up to the kitchen ceiling. I made a mad dash to the basement to turn off the water.

Hanging on by a thread is a saying y'all might have heard.The brass fitting that holds the stem and handle to the faucet had been hanging on by two threads and they finally let loose.

I shut down the hot water to the sink and I guess I'll have to finally purchase a whole new fixture for the kitchen sink. The threads are stripped and cannot be repaired.

The bright side is that the kitchen window and curtains got a thorough washing.

The Rooster

Ensign
As long as Mrs. Tyme didn't get scalded, all is well !!! ;) Time now for that fancy "motion sensor" touch-less faucet !!!

Last edited: