I'm an idiot.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Got a great deal on CL for a HE front load washer/dryer. Problem was, the dryer was gas (guy says that's why he couldn't sell it and kept dropping the price), and I don't have a gas line in the laundry room (but had been planning on running one through there to supply the grill). I love NG, and figure the efficiency of the unit would justify the price. So...my house used to be a 2 family, and had the (now unused) gas line running next to that of my stove. So I cut the unused line and tapped into where it joined the main line. Great. Installed the dryer, everything working fine. Went upstairs, tried to purge the air out of the line for the stove. It wouldn't light. Hmm. Went back downstairs, and...yup, had actually cut through the stove line. Took another couple of hours to run to the hardware store and fix the line. Boo.

robert graham

Admiral
No fire or explosion....I'd say you did great!....and a good lesson on how not to run a gas line....seriously, you did good!

nola mike

Vice Admiral
There was never a leak...I just disconnected the wrong line. Haven't killed myself yet, and my wife swears I'm always trying!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
No real problem IF you turned off all the gas supply when cutting and fitting. And a new lesson learned as well. I'd say a good day...

nola mike

Vice Admiral
No real problem IF you turned off all the gas supply when cutting and fitting.
Hah, definitely shut off the gas. Multiple times. Not trying THAT hard. (Although just got a call from my wife, no hot water. Guessing I forgot to light the pilot on the last go round)

aspeck

Staff member
Oops! As I always say, "No sense being stupid unless you can show it!" Ha! (And I show it often!)

fireman57

Captain
It is a successful gas line fix if when you are done you still have all of your hair and half your skin.