Jerky Juice

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
any jerkers here? I'm been playing around with it for a few months, got some nice equipment, sometimes I get 10 lbs in it.

Haven't found 'the' formula yet, may be in part to my not writing things down but getting close should start. Roughly two parts soy, 2 teriyaki, one worcestershire, a dribble of liquid smoke and two tablespoons of cayenne

nola mike

Vice Admiral
I use more teriaki and less soy, and throw in some brown sugar. Also grind pepper once I have the strips on the rack.

nwcove

Admiral
any jerkers here? I'm been playing around with it for a few months, got some nice equipment, sometimes I get 10 lbs in it.

Haven't found 'the' formula yet, may be in part to my not writing things down but getting close should start. Roughly two parts soy, 2 teriyaki, one worcestershire, a dribble of liquid smoke and two tablespoons of cayenne

recipe sounds like it might sting a bit ! :lol::lol:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
oh and i forgot a healthy splash of Dales and yeah mike I like a bit more T but wife doesn't care so much. But....... I'm trying the pepper tonight. I love pepper.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Oh yeah, I also drizzle some of my favorite hot sauce on it. Wife calls me a spice addict though.

southkogs

Staff member
Joe ... you're close enough to Lynchburg that you need to try a particular ingredient ...

southkogs

Staff member
... with the right supply of the "what," the "where from" probably doesn't matter much :very_drunk:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
that pepper tip rocks. Making the whole next batch that way.

bruce i've done altons method a few times a bit too much work for me.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I used to make a lot of jerky in our food dehydrator and the juice I made was always pretty good

Teriyaki
Soy
Crushed black pepper corns
Crushed red peppers
Ginger
Powered Curry

I sliced partially frozen meat of choice that day into 1/8" thickness, placed in the bowl with the juice and let sit overnight in the fridge, place on a rack to air dry for a little while, then threw it into the dehydrator for 24 hours, made some real good jerky.