Nice article about one of the Old NASCAR tracks

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Would be nice if they would use the old tracks for something, hall of fame could run things there like exabition races or something

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Good read! And an old school race to boot. Ya look at the infield, no barriers, low outside wall..etc. When racing was actually more interesting. Still watch it, and yes alot safer now bit I still like the old school.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
I have only had time to read to part 4 so far but a great article. And Thank You for bring back a great memory, back in the early 70's my Dad and my Uncle bought an electric race car set (the wide one), they said to my mom and aunt it was for me,( really) and Saturday afternoon when the races where on wide world of sports they would set it up in front of the TV and WE I mean I would would race those little cars around the track as the big race was on. Mom kept wondering how "I' kept spilling beer all over her green rug (you know the one thats really deep), it was about that time I would get picked up and put on the couch between my Dad and Uncle and we all had imaginary steering wheels and we were racing with the big guys on the TV.

southkogs

Staff member
I wonder if a private owner could organize a classic/NASCAR type race on one of those ... kinda' like the GREAT RACE.