Back in the day when...........

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
....we could have good arguments, iboats was a much more lively place. There were a lot of good personalities from all over the spectrum. Now, Dockside Chat is dullsville and the Non Boating Technical forum has very few participants.:mad:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Gentleman, please refer to the rules of this forum, particularly rule #9

9.?If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, moderation, or management of this site please contact a moderator via PM or iboats management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.
If you have problems, questions, feedback or suggestions about the forums or the iboats website, please post your comments?here:

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/other/iboats-forum-and-website-issues

Thank you

aspeck

Staff member
Boom, yes, the good old days are always better ... But if you remember back in 2006-2007 when the "good old days" were sending people away because of the flaming and arguing, and bickering that was going on. I remember well because I was right there with you. Moderation fairly is difficult. It is easier with a no tolerance to deviation to the rules. The entire moderation team wants fun and fairness and the best way to accomplish that is to enforce the rules. If you want to further discuss this, see Jbcurt's above post and contact us personally.

sasto

Captain
Good news. My boat just got voted "Boat of the Year' Thank you SeaTow and Boat US for the award!

aspeck

Staff member
Good news. My boat just got voted "Boat of the Year' Thank you SeaTow and Boat US for the award!

Is it a good thing to be voted "Boat of the Year" by SeaTow?

jkust

Rear Admiral
Iboats is about the only place on the internet left where you can forget about politics for a bit.

robert graham

Admiral
This is the age of political correctness.....kinda limits "colorful" arguments and discussions.....but this is where we're at and no questions or complaints from me!....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Boom, there was a huge discussion just recently about a "lively place". I believe it was in the little red truck or something Topic.... No need to readdress it. Just watch the news for 10 minutes and your blood pressure should rise. We don't need that on iboats too. Let's keep this place "Red Sky at Night".........

Oh, and congrats Sasto! I'll assume that award is a good thing.......

Last edited:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Iboats is about the only place on the internet left where you can forget about politics for a bit.

Yes, and it is SOOOO nice to not have to hear/read that stuff. Plenty of other places for debate. Iboats is a sanctuary form that nonsense. I appreciate the mods' efforts to keep this place civil and apolitical!

aspeck

Staff member
Yes, and it is SOOOO nice to not have to hear/read that stuff. Plenty of other places for debate. Iboats is a sanctuary form that nonsense. I appreciate the mods' efforts to keep this place civil and apolitical!

And from a political mod, it is a hard thing to do! ;):eek: :fencing:

sasto

Captain
I was being sarcastic. Is that allowed?? ;)

I like being here and especially because of the Mods we have. I appreciate you guys!

aspeck

Staff member
No, sarcasm is not allowed, sasto!:ban: Okay, I guess I was being sarcastic ... :sorry::D

angus63

Captain
"Everything is better in moderation, in public anyway..."
- Angus63

Pony

Rear Admiral
I have noticed the forum is quieter in many of the non-boating/motor help fora....but then again that's what Iboats is really about. The other stuff is just a fun side game.

I remember getting into some heated political arguments. This is much better....even if slower