College Football

bassman284

Commander
Glad MSU wins. Did not want OSU winning the Big10+4.
Hard to tell whether it means anything this year, but Iowa would rather play Michigan St. Better matchup, at least historically. Ferentz is 7-1 against MSU (including 4-1 against Dantonio), 1-7 against OSU. I'm sure we could beat either one but I'm just as sure we could lose to either one. Just like Nebraska on Friday - I knew we could beat them but I also knew they could beat us. It's all what happens at game time.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Anything can happen but MSU has to be heavily favored in that game.

aspeck

Staff member
Boy did the game blow wide open. Now the linemen are scoring. Denise sez "sorry".......... Sorta........ :)

We were really missing our two studs on the defensive line ... Sickles and Nassab. I thought it was going to be closer, but part of me was rooting for Sparty because I did not want Ohio State winning the east ... Now, do I root for Sparty or the Hawkeyes in the title game? :confused:

bassman284

Commander
We were really missing our two studs on the defensive line ... Sickles and Nassab. I thought it was going to be closer, but part of me was rooting for Sparty because I did not want Ohio State winning the east ... Now, do I root for Sparty or the Hawkeyes in the title game? :confused:
'speck! Do ya even hafta ask? Hawkeyes, of course. I thought we were buddies! Spartans are evil. Dantonio is evil. Hawks are GOOD.

sam60

Captain
I'll root for Iowa. Dad was born just west of the Mississippi. Mom was raised just east of the Missouri.

Still hurtin' over N's season.

bassman284

Commander
I'll root for Iowa. Dad was born just west of the Mississippi. Mom was raised just east of the Missouri.

Still hurtin' over N's season.
I fell for ya, bud, but as a neighbor in the old home place used to say, "There'll come a day, Irene."

64osby

Admiral
Sam, I was really hoping the Huskers could pull it off. :blue:

The Wooferines didn't do there job either.:embarassed:

Now hoping the Spartan's can stay on a roll. ;)

sam60

Captain
I rooted for Bruce's team today too but was only able to see the second half. I may be bad luck......GO MSU! :D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nothing worse than getting beat at home by one of your biggest rivals ....
No QB = no offense = no points = loss ... :cold:
Next up Bama ... And all banged up .... :faint2:

RGrew176

Commander
Michigan is much improved this year with Harbaugh now running the show. Ohio State showed us Saturday that there is still much room for further improvement. After going 5 - 7 last year I am very happy with 9 - 3 and a bowl game to come.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Harbaugh is a good coach. What he did at Michigan this year is pretty amazing.

64osby

Admiral
Michigan is much improved this year with Harbaugh now running the show. Ohio State showed us Saturday that there is still much room for further improvement. After going 5 - 7 last year I am very happy with 9 - 3 and a bowl game to come.

Harbaugh is a good coach. What he did at Michigan this year is pretty amazing.

Have to agree with the above comments. It is nice to see that one mans drive and inspiration can make a difference.

sam60

Captain
Thanks for the iboats bowl game group, aspeck. What a wild year it has been for college football.