The Admiral

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
How do I get the Admiral to understand that powerboats work better when you get up on plane. She only wants to do 5 mph. UGGGGGGG

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sometimes it isnt the destination, its the journey.

Be glad she wants to spend time w you on the water.

Good luck

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yeah I know. I just want to get on plane then back it to the min to stay on.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah I know. I just want to get on plane then back it to the min to stay on.

That's how I roll too..... Maybe go out when the water is like glass and get it on plane to show her how comfy and safe it rides......

southkogs

Staff member
Jump on plane in order to get to a nice place to slow down and put along? See if ya' can assemble the best of both.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My Admiral calls my boat the Titanic. I said enough. :eek:

Twidget

Commander
Put this on a boat and you pretty much have what my Admiral has morphed into.. :blue:

64osby

Admiral
Tell her you will save on fuel by getting up on plane. You will have extra $$$ for a nice adult beverage of her choice. A Vodka and lemonade while cruising is always nice.:joyous:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Some times water can seriously be intimidating until she gets use to it. The fact that planning the boat means it will raise up could be her fear. So you have to get her use to that somehow. Tell her to close her eyes and relax until you tell her to open them again. And get the boat planed out before she knows it... IDK but be patient with her until she realizes nothing will truly happen to her in the boat... And make her wear her life vest as well. It does offer a more secure feeling. :noidea:

salty87

Commander
Maybe she's not comfortable with the boat. What type/size? I noticed you have an outboard. They tend to be a little louder than i/o or inboard or at least more 'in your face' than with the engine hidden away a bit more.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Maybe try letting her drive and bring it up on plane .. Maybe that would let her get over her fear somehow ..

foodfisher

Captain
Get her a stiff pinwheel that won't spin unless you're at planeing speeds.:facepalm:

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
well I got her to let me get on plane and stay WOT just had to bring her kids along and let them bug her. aren't kids great LOL