Nascar - Monster Mile - Race #13 At Dover

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After the Indy/Charlotte 1100 mile marathon, time for some shorter races. Cup, X-Men and Trucks are only running 800 miles total at the one mile track. Everything starts on Thursday with a Truck practice and finishes with the Cup race on Sunday. Courtesy of MRN, this weeks schedule;

Dov.PNG

Once again, weather may be the bugaboo. Some good chances of rain with Saturday looking like the nicest dat.

d WX.PNG

The News
  • 3 penalties from Charlotte with 2 of them amounting to a hill of beans. The #1 team of McMurray has the crew chief on probation for the rest of the year for changing the rear wheel opening following qualifying inspection. #51 and #48 are getting hit for getting written warnings in two consecutive races. They get the last two choices during pit stall selection. Big whup-de-do.
  • Gordon says he will not race a Cup car after this year. He left that open-ended when he announced retirement.
  • Health updates - Busch says he feels good after the 600 mile Coke 600, finishing 11th after a late race pit stop. Hamlin says he is OK after falling ill during the 600, he says he overdid it on Friday with 36 holes of golf and a tennis match.
  • XFINITY is starting the Dash 4 Cash bonus. A drive could win up to a cool million if he can win the next 4 races starting with Dover.

iboats Fantasy Live

The Fantasy Live Charlotte race was won by Jip, who was talked into joining by aspeck. Jip gets a :first: for his efforts. Congrats, Jip.
aspeck is still in the overall lead by about 150 points.

Make all your team changes and good luck on Sunday​
The Boating Humpster.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Slap Jimmies/Knaus wrists again.................. Sure isn't a deterrent........ Keep cheatin' boyz......

aspeck

Staff member
Yea, MT, he likes Jeb. Only problem is Jeb is one of about 2 that don't get to qualify ... Guess it is an underdog thing ... Maybe I better be careful around the musky ... Hmmmm

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Jeb because he's a "Burton", hey Kev? Somebody should count how many times Jimmie/Knaus have been "caught"....... Kinda like the Cowboys, anybody but Hendrick....... And KB Sr/Jr....... :)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
As King Richard says, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't racin!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Hamlin won the Dover Cup pole. Following him are Truex, Jr., Larson, Kenseth, Logano, Harvick, Biffle, Edwards, Stenhouse, Jr, Ky. Busch, McMurray and A. Dillon.

Missing the race are Kvapil and Green. Hey Musky - That means Jeb made the race, he's starting 35th.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
And that's where Jeb will finish... He's constantly in the mid 30s. Jeb is rnked 39th and has made $650k, go figure. At least he's ahead of Mikey. I think Tony was 30th....

Sure an odd start to the truck race tomorrow. I'm assuming all times are eastern?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Truck is over, Musky. It started at 6:48 Eastern, all times in MRN's schedule are for my side of the country.

Erik Jones led the most laps, except the most important one. Jennifer Jo Cobb jumped out of her truck and was waving arms at Tyler Reddick after she spun. And Reddick took the checkers.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Dang. I checked FS1 earlier, but it must have been after the race was over. A little drama at the end I see...... Too bad Jenny didn't win. Sounds like she had a little help when she spun.....

I see she was 28th and being lapped...... Vid She's 41....... as in years old.....
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/na...-at-1707835561

Last edited:

GA_Boater

It looked to me she was tapped or Reddick took the air off the spoiler. I think she is gonna get a penalty for getting out of the truck before the safety crew got to her. But in the replay video she was out of the truck, into the middle of the track and back to the truck and still no safety crew. Where were they?

QC

Supreme Mariner
On the Lake today and want to Stream the race. GA, didn't you have a suggestion on streaming FOX?

GA_Boater

Some where, QC - Let me find it again.

And Green flag, we're racin'.

QC

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Works on FS1. Previously wouldn't on FOX.

Attachments

• photo221954.jpg
    photo221954.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Are you streaming now?

Half the field has been lapped already.

aspeck

Staff member
Sam, would you slow down a little bit and let me catch you?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Works on FS1. Previously wouldn't on FOX.

Nice nails, Kev! :eyebrows::pound:

10 cars on the lead lap? 3 place is over 10 sec behind. I take it very few to no cautions...

Last edited: