Closing a topic

aspeck

Staff member
You can send one of us a PM and let us know what thread you want closed and why and we can decide what to do. However, because of the way things work behind the scenes, it is better for iboats to leave threads open than closed. We generally only close topics because there is good information in the topic, but the members posting are having a hard time getting along. If there is a difficulty in getting along, and there isn't much value in the thread, we will delete it completely. It is subjective, and it is our call.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Or do you mean the thread has reached a conclusion? The problem is fixed or you got the info you were looking for, for example.

kat-a-tonik

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I thought When I was done with a topic I was supposed to close it, I haven't had any problems with anything I just had a couple I was finished with

aspeck

Staff member
That is fine. They will drift down into the archives and after 90 days be available for future reference only, unless YOU have something you want to add to it, then it will be brought back up to the top. At least that is the way it is supposed to work.