My 'new' office.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I travel quite a bit (40+ per year) and am lucky that I do not have to go to the office when home. Used to use the kitchen counter, then the boy moved out of the bonus room upstairs so I've been gathering up stuff to move up. Some of this is sentimental, some just junk, but its MINE and my view is great. Note the 'lunch break' area on the left...

southkogs

Staff member
... well, I suppose. If you like that sort of thing :rolleyes:

JK - very nice setup Joe.

And - humorously, because I know where you are - the landscape is deceivingly flat lookin' out your window.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I think the "lunch break" area is especially nice! I wish my office had one of those!

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Suggestion.... don't try jumping from the office into the pooll! :D

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Actually it is - we are up on top of the plateau in this area. Go to google earth and look north of exit 110, pretty flat. After MM 100 or so down thru the start of Mont Eagle is like this.

If there is any kind of wind anywhere in Middle TN, it is at our house. It's my wifes and my running joke, but have seriously thought of putting up a windmill.

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ kinda' what I meant: We're in the "bowl" here in Murfreesboro too. But it's only 20 minutes to Monteagle, and from my place less than 15 minutes to the first ascent up to the Cumberland. You can see the hills easy enough, but from that vantage point ... pancake flat.

Our cul-de-sac is sorta' the same thing. I call it the "wind-tunnel."

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I think the "lunch break" area is especially nice! I wish my office had one of those!

it is truly amazing.

oh and look - just had my mid morning snack, up working since 5 and no meetings for a couple hours.....

aspeck

Staff member
Sweet ... My home office became a gun and rod room. Now there is no place for office work! So, when home it is usually working from the recliner in the living room with the laptop!:facepalm: I do have one of those lunch areas in my "real" office ... just don't get to use it very often! :mad:

Twidget

Commander
That is a really nice office.

My office isn't exactly mine anymore. When my son was younger, he wanted to be in there with me, so I built him a computer and got him a desk. Then the Admiral decided she needed to be in here with us, so I built another computer and put another desk in. Now there is no room for me..

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
thankfully my admiral took the other boys room downstairs. And she won't ever move up here - at least not until I this winter when I put in a bathroom.