Todays Soapbox rant

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I can't figure out why after all of these years, the internet eCommerce websites can't get their act together!! Tried to order some parts today, system returned an error, couldn't match address, ok, no problem, then I go check my card statement, come to find out, they charged me 6 times! This was a fly by night company, they are one of the largest in the country, so some dolt in the processing center, kept trying to charge my account!!! If you have a problem with an order processing correctly, simply pick the phone up and call the customer to confirm the order and make sure it was placed correctly! Now I have to wait until the charges post and then have the credit card company dispute most of them! $18 bucks worth or parts is going to take 2-3 months to get cleared up! Grrrrrrrr

aspeck

Staff member
Bummer! Hope their customer service/support does something nice for you to help the bad situation taste a little better as you deal with all of this. Mistakes never really bothered me, because we all make them. It is how they are corrected that tell the tale of the company you are dealing with. That has always been the philosophy I try to live by. However, if you are consistently making mistakes, especially the same mistakes, then do it once, I can live with. Twice, well, you better really try hard or there will not be another chance. 3 times, YOU ARE OUT OF HERE! My commerce rules to live by.

Last edited:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Had something similar happen, 3 duplicate orders and 3 charges of $27.
I knew something was up, as I received 3 email receipts with 3 different order numbers.

I contacted the etailer directly, first via email, then by phone.
They cancelled the 2 extra orders and reversed the charges within a couple hours.

Good luck.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well, I checked this morning and all authorizations had dropped off and they cancelled the orders! So I went back and VERY carefully ordered the 3 parts I needed, so I get email confirmation and once again, the email says they doubled the order! So now I am starting to get pi$$ed, so I fire an email off to them, to which I got an immediate response, explaining that their IT guys are working on this issue right now! The rep said, they have been having a "Glitch" for the last few days!

She said the system only charged me once, but the receipts are showing double and triple charges on some orders! At least this time I got a confirmation email! Last time I didn't.

And before anyone says it, this company is the only company I have found in the world that carries the very rare parts I need!

Last edited: